Chapter 4

"What is the purpose of this?" Lief roared, eyes stricken with fury, hands clenched

"You have some serious explaining to do!" Jasmine demanded, hands on her hips

"Well, We will discuss this at the meeting, go back to your bedchamber we will fetch you when the meeting is due" King Wyatt snapped.

"Fine, then but rest assured we will not forget this." Lief snapped, walking silently over back to their chamber

"Was he-" Jasmine stuttered, while going into their bedchamber and closing the door.

"He killed one of his maids, someone really pissed in his nighttime snack huh" Lief shrugged

"I seriously do not like that asshole," Jasmine sneered "Super annoying, anyway let's not sleep"

"Yeah, don't put your guard down." Lief said as he took out their weapons and threw Jasmine her dagger. Jasmine nodded giving him a murmur of thanks and then they both stayed awake and started whispering to each other.

Dawn broke and then a maid came and knocked on Lief and Jasmine's door. "Your highnesses, it's time for you to come to the meeting." She said and then curtseyed and left.

"Well, let's get ready fast. Also try to look super boujee because it'll be funny" Jasmine grinned, eying the light pink dress, embroidered with gold on the sleeves.

"I never imagined Jasmine *of the forests* would wear a dress, must be my lucky day" Lief sneered, earning a glare from Jasmine. They both dressed up and then left for the meeting.

Lief wore this black suit with a black tie and of course the belt of deltora under his shirt and Jasmine wore the light pink dress she had seen last night.

"Lief? Lief!? Where are you!?" Jasmine looked around, clearly ignoring the annoyed Lief in front of her. "I'm right here" muttered Lief. "Oh you! No, no I'm talking about that scrawny little boy who I went with to get the gems of Deltora and he is not as handsome as you are"

"Who are you callin scrawny?!"

"You~"

Lief muttered curses under his breath while Jasmine just laughed and they both started walking out and heading to the meeting room.

"Well, we have more guests arriving which are the following: The king and queen of Deltora- Oh! They are here." King Wyatt exclaimed, while pointing them to where they should sit. Everyone turned to see Lief and Jasmine who were quite embarrassed.

"Greetings-" Lief stuttered, while sitting down next to the King of Cypro. "Good Morning" Jasmine smiled, taking a seat next to the Queen of Cypro.

"Well then all we need to wait for is the duke and duchess of Aucks and then the Emperor of Equalei" King Wyatt laughed. "Feel free to talk to the newest members who have come from Deltora. It's been a long time"

"What are you two's names? I'm Raya, Wyatt's wife" Raya said.

"My name's Lief ahaha" Lief said nervously.

"Jasmine, is mine," Jasmine said.

"You both look really young!" Raya exclaimed

"Oh yes, we both are just over 18" Lief explained

"Ahh, the drinking age! Fancy some wine?" The King of Cypro laughed

"I have been offered wine except I prefer tea" Lief laughed

"Oh yeah, I remember him coughing out the wine our chief of guards, Barda, had given him" Jasmine giggled

"Wine is quite heavy" The queen of Cypro joined in

They all laughed wholeheartedly for a few minutes until King Wyatt had to calm everyone down

"Anyway, King Lief, I presume you are Endon and Sharns child?" Wyatt asked

"Ahh yes I am, my father has sadly died though" Lief replied...

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!