currently, she was dressed in an uncomfortable black dress her mother demanded she wear, her own clothes underneath. rings were adorning her fingers, a few silver necklaces around her throat, one of which had a snake on it while the others were skulls and dark crystals. her black nail polish had chipped from her picking at it at home, but she would redo it on the train.

pulling open a door, astra's lips turned up into a small smirk, seeing harley lupin sitting by the window of the compartment. harley's parents died when she saw young and, being her godparents, the lupins took her in happily. she had blonde and pink dyed hair, the roots brown where her natural hair was growing back. her nose was pierced and her lips a natural pink, eyeliner smudged under her eyes. a black denim skirt covered her thighs, black tights underneath them with a burgundy and black striped long sleeved top on, various pieces of jewellery on her body. she was a pureblood.

"well, don't you look like the ghost of christmas past." harley joked, closing her book. astra could take a guess and say it was written by virginia woolf and she would have been correct.

"thank you. y'know, that's exactly what i was going for when i got dressed this horrifying morning." astra replied, sitting down.

harley huffed a small laugh, "what you got underneath?"

"nothing. i'm completely naked, darling." astra stated.

"lucky me." harley hummed and astra wiggled her eyebrows at her.

the train gave a sudden jolt and harley waved lightly at her mum and dad who grinned and waved back before looking to a compartment a few down, presumably where remus and his friends were grouped. astra gave a sigh of relief as the train set off out of the station, standing up to pull off her corset and dress.

folding them beside her, astra sat back down, comfortable in her denim shorts, fishnet tights and band t-shirts. she had to hide these clothes from her parents: they wouldn't appreciate the david bowie t-shirt that she wore. opening the little door to the basket beside her, astra grinned as she pulled her cat, splotch, out. he purred happily and settled onto her lap, his tail swishing across her thighs. splotch was tri-coloured, a mixture of ginger, black and white for fur. he also had bright blue eyes.

"how was your summer?" harley asked, already knowing the answer as she folded the corner of the page she was currently on.

"abusive, traumatic... so the same as always, really." astra shrugged. "yours?"

"it was alright, remus spent half of it at the potters, though, so i went to phoenix's for the other half." harley hummed. "oh, i got you something."

astra took the small box she was handed, grinning at the sight of the walkman, a few cassettes laying beside it, "thanks. why'd you get me this?"

"you wanted one. i'm being nice for a change." harley replied.

"i feel like you've done something wrong. what'd you do?" astra narrowed her eyes.

"nothing!" harley chuckled. "okay, maybe i stole it."

"from?" astra prompted.

"it was a big company." harley responded.

"oh, that's fine, then." astra smiled. "where's phoenix and sophia?"

"me and phoenix were in here and he went to look for sophia just before you came in." harley answered, twisting a ring on her finger.

"talking about us?" phoenix asked with a bright grin as he and sophia strode into the compartment, sophia sitting down beside astra so she could fuss splotch.

"yeah, harley was saying how painful half of her summer was." astra replied.

"i know. your brother can be such a bore." phoenix said to harley who shook her head with a grin.