ǝǝɹɥʇ-ʎʇɹoɟ

Start from the beginning

"Do you see any icebergs around?" Robin then piped up, making me smile as I went to step on the boat. I was stopped again, this time by a hand pulling me back onto land and into a kiss.

I melted, right there and then, in Max's hands as she kissed me. I could feel the worry and nervousness radiating off of her. Okay, Parker, maybe we should stay out of trouble, this time...

"Your girl, huh?" The red head asks, pulling away as I dazily stared at her and her lips.

"Yeah, we should talk about that, shouldn't we?" I say in return, causing the girl to just shake her head with a smile.

"Stay safe for me, dumbass."

And with that, and my cheeks a light shade of red, I then got onto the boat with the four older teens. Which I then completely and one hundred percent regretted after I saw who had decided to row us out to the middle; Robin and Eddie.

Now, I would be all for Robin and Eddie rowing us out on a rowboat, in the middle of Lover's Lake, at midnight, but Robin had just seen me kiss Max so she was so going to bring that up to lighten the mood.

"BEDTIME AT NINE, KIDDOS!" She at first shouted over at the other three on land, while I awkwardly sat in between Nancy and Steve.

"So..." Steve begins. "She does like boobies."

I let out an exhausted sigh, head falling into my hands as I did so. Oh dear God. "You're blushing, Park-" Robin begins, and I could practically hear her smiles without opening an eye.

"You know what, Robin-?" I begin, being cut off by Eddie.

"Who likes boobies?" The curly-haired boy asks, eyes glancing between the four of us.

Both me and Max's name were then said by the other three, at different times, while I sat there silently regretting coming on said boatride. I am never going on a boat with Steve Harrington, Eddie Munson, Nancy Wheeler (okay, maybe Nancy again) and Robin Buckley ever again.

As the boat ride continued, with Steve and Robin giving Eddie a quick catch-up on my love life, Nancy kept ahold of the compass that she had been given by Dustin. "WHOA- WHOA, WHOA, WHOA-" She then shouted out after a moment, "slow down. Slow down, guys." I glanced over her shoulder, seeing the compass needle go crazy.

Both Robin and Eddie stopped rowing then, turning around to see Nance holding out the compass in the middle of the boat for all to see. The needle seemed to have a mind of its own, spinning in all directions as if a toddler were messing around with it.

"Guys?" We hear Dustin's voice on the radio but are too busy staring to immediately reply. "Guys, what's going on?" I watch Robin roll her eyes and reach across for the radio. "Come on, guys, talk to me, what's going on?"

Robin pressed the side button of the radio before speaking. "Uh, Dustin, your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital... 'ahhhhh'." Robin says softly, making me smile as I watched down at the compass again. Yeah, that explained it pretty well.

Steve then reached over to his feet, pulling off his shoes and then socks. Ew. Sir, I do not wanna see that. "Steve, what are you doing?" Nancy asks the boy.

"Somebody's gotta go down and check this out." He says, continuing to take off his other sock and shoe. "Unless one of you four can top being a Hawkins High swim co-captain-" Before I can even speak of the four years of swimming experience I had, Steve puts a hand over my face. "Don't say it, Byers." He then stood up on the boat. "It's gotta be me. No complaints, alright?" We watched as he stood near the side of the boat while Eddie then spoke up.