Ch 3. The Inevitable Occurs

Disclaimer: I do not own Show/Anime

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took nearly six months before Nijiro was willing to leave Shiro alone, the man had been surprised to hear their real name. Even more surprised to hear that Yoichi had given him their name, they had even admitted to having never expected it to be spoken again out loud.

The first month had been rough, nearly everything dangerous was removed from the room Shiro was in. Nijiro was with them every second of every day, even in the bathroom although they did turn away during those times to give some semblance of privacy. Shiro had been pretty annoyed with him for the first bit, but eventually just accepted it.

Over the course of the second month, he managed to convince Shiro to leave the room and at first it was hard for them. Shiro hated seeing all the people glaring or flinching away from them, but while they were next to Nijiro, most people didn't bother approaching them.

By the third month, Nijiro was starting to notice he'd become unhealthily attached to Shiro and was starting to realize that Sanji and Yoichi might have been right about him. Not that he would ever admit it, but Shiro was so much different then All For One. They were kind, sarcastic, loved making jokes, and just overall was a great person to hang out with.

He didn't know why, but his heart always jumped at their voice and he always tensed during the night when they accidentally moved into his side of the bed. The room having been too small to bring another bed in, so they had to compromise.

After the fourth month, Nijiro knew he had started liking the man more then just a friend should. He knew if they continued their rate of recovery he'd be forced to leave their room and go back to his, even if the idea sent jolts of nausea rushing through his gut. He reluctantly admitted he enjoyed their time together, he didn't want it to end.

It was at month five when he realized he didn't just like Shiro, but he pushed the feeling down and refused to admit it to anyone. Even if he accepted it to himself, no one would ever find out about how he truly felt towards Shiro.

No one....

Now month six was coming to and end, the doctor saying it has been long enough that it should be ok to move back to his room. At first Nijiro protested, pointing out most suicidal patients had to be under watch for close to a year. However the doctor stated that most patients didn't recover nearly as quickly as Shiro had, which just made his heart ache.

Currently he was walking over to Shiro's room, their room, he shook the idea away and shoved it into a mental box.

His entire body felt weighed down by lead, knowing that he would have to break the news to his new friend about the fact he needed to move into his own room once more. Shiro had expressed the fact they enjoyed time with Nijiro, the admittance having nearly made him collapse as a wave of longing washed over him.

With a sigh, he knocked on the door to let them know he was entering, before walking in and pausing as Shiro turned towards him with a beaming smile.

His heart stammered at their bright expression, bright enough to make the room light up twice as bright as it already was. It was like looking directly into the sun, they looked so...beautiful.

Nijiro swallowed, realizing what he'd admitted to himself.

"I got back from a talk with the doctor, they...they said it was time for me to move back into my own room." Nijiro stated and his throat felt like sandpaper as he said the words, Shiro's bright smile faltered slightly.

"Oh, it's that time already." Shiro questioned looking positively lost, did they feel the same way about him as he did about them?

No, that was impossible...no matter how much he wished that it was the case.