Todoroki Shoto: Origin

Start from the beginning

"Why are you going this far...?" Todoroki grunted as he used his ice to stop himself.

"I want to meet his expectations!" Midoriya said.

"I want to.. Answer with a smile... I want to become.. A super cool hero!" Midoriya shouted as tears began to form in his eyes. After what Midoriya said, another flash of the past came to Todoroki, it caused him to be distracted and Midoriya came after him once more.

"And that's why everyone's giving it their all!" Midoriya added and punched Todoroki but he stopped using his foot.

"I don't even understand your circumstance or your resolution but even so..." Midoriya said sluggishly as he himself was getting tired but continued on.

"Now I think about the idea that you'll become no.1 with only half your power and your doing this to disavow someone is a FUCKING joke!" Midoriya continued and Todoroki's expression was in shock.

Another flashback came and this was when he was being abused by Endeavor during his crucial training back when he was only five. His Mother was there for him when he didn't like Endeavor's training but Endeavor would also be abusive toward his Mother.

"Shut up..." Todoroki spat as his ice continued to cover his right arm and it caused him to shiver. The flashback continued where a young Todoroki would cry and hug his Mother tightly as he complained to her about his Father's ways and being a bully. His Mother was silent but stroked his hair and asked "but you still want to be a hero, right?" 

Todoroki stood there while he gritted his teeth and Midoriya was ready to punch him again but Todoroki's Mother's words continued to echo.

"That's why... I'm gonna win..!" Midoriya said ready to release his punch. All Might, watching from the crowd, understood what Midoriya was going for.

*So Todoroki shounen won't use his left side due to his ongoing hate against his Father... Midoriya shounen could you be...* All Might thought as he remembered his conversation with Endeavor.

"AND I'm gonna surpass you!" Midoriya finally punched him but both were sent back. In his unconscious state, a full flashback came to Todoroki.

It was when Todoroki was only five years old, he watched his older siblings play and was eager to join them play.

"Stop peeking Shoto, those things, your older siblings, inhabit a different world from you" His Father would say as he dragged Todoroki away from them.

There was another scene.

Todoroki walked through the hallways, crying. He stopped to hear his Mother talking to her Mother on the phone,

"Mom... I can't take it anymore! And I might be going crazy.. The kids are all starting to be.. To be like Him! Shoto's.. That child's left side... Sometimes it looks hideous to me!" His Mother cried.

"I-I c-can't take care of him anymore... If I continue to do so.. It'll be bad--" 

"M-Mommy?" young Todoroki questioned, terrified and confused. His Mother turned around in horror as she saw him.

Todoroki returned to his consciousness and knew what happened and how he got that burn.

The next day, young Todoroki had a gauge around his left eye and questioned where was his Mother, Endeavor answered,

"Because of what she did, I sent her to the hospital," young Todoroki shivered in fear and sadness.

I HATE Dad.

"My Father--"

"It's your power!" Midoriya yelled, cutting Todoroki's words off.

"It's YOURS!!" Midoriya continued and Todoroki felt like melting but was still angered.

And another flashback came,

Young Todoroki watched All Might, his favorite hero and how genuine was his smile when he saw him on screen. He would watch along with his Mother. And yet again his Mother's words echoed, saying,

"But you still want to be a hero, right?" 

"It's okay Shoto, you... You aren't a slave to your blood,"

"You can become the man you want to be..."

And at that moment, an immense range of heat was summoned by Todoroki. Using the side he resented for so long, came alive this very moment.

"What's this...?!" Present Mic questioned as the heat continued to rise.

"He... He finally used it...!" Iida exclaimed and Uraraka tried to fan away the heat that was nearing to them and the crowd. All Might widened his eyes in shock as he fully understood what Midoriya was going for.

*...Could you be... Trying to save Todoroki shounen?!* All Might thought and a genuine smile formed from his lips. The flames continued to stay put and Midoriya, who was so near it, grit his teeth in order to endure the heat.

"Even though you want to win... Goddammit.. You still went your way to help out your enemy, which one of us is a joke now?" Todoroki questioned as he grunted and panted as he tried to keep his flames in tact. Endeavor from the crowd, smiled like a mad man as he saw Todoroki's beautiful flames.

"I'm... I'm gonna be a hero!" Todoroki declared as he forcibly smiled and Midoriya smiled in determination but had a bit of nervousness as Todoroki released his left side, fresh and hadn't been used.

~~~