Be There For You

Weeks had passed, Chase couldn't be happier. In all of his years, he doesn't feel any hate from them. Thanks to his friend now BEST friends, he's not alone anymore. He always expected that he'll graduate this year without any friends. But now, he has one. Chase is content of having more friends from now on. But still the traits he have doesn't fade. Chase is still one serious, snobby man(boy). On the other hand, Marshall is a jolly, friendly boy. They didn't realized that they have something in common. Although Marshall is the funny one, Chase is the serious one. They both care for the people who are treated badly. And that's something they can be proud of.

The time skipped to 10:30 am.

Their subject is P.E and all of the students are outside the classroom dressed on their P.E uniform. And by "all students", means the students only in Grade 6. Chase and Marshall are both sitting on a bench, waiting for their teacher to arrive. It seems a little bit boring for them. They're just sitting there, watching the other students run and yell and play.
Finally, the teacher came. each section of Grade 6 has their own P.E teachers.

"Good Afternoon class....I know some of you are wondering, where's Ma'am. Devina?. Ma'am. Devina is having a flu right now, she can't go to school cause she's resting. So, I'll be your substitute teacher. I am Sir. Ryder Roland. So...what are we gonna do is we go lined up (snaps his fingers and all of their classmates lined up). And what we're gonna do is stretch our bodies so they don't get sleepy. Also we'll do it with a little twist."

Sir. Ryder takes out a speaker the size of a travelling case. And plugged in his cellphone. The speaker starts to play an upbeat music, which interests them. As the music goes on, they dance while stretching their arms and legs and curving their backs. When the music stops, the students whined out loud. Sir. Ryder chuckles and said;

Sir. Ryder: I know it's short, but since we have still 40 min. you can do whatever you want. Run, jump, play tag. But don't scream as the other classes are busy understand?

Students: Yes Sir. Ryder!

"Farewell".

Now their classmates had their own activities, since its their last subject for the day, so why not. Chase and Marshall went back to the bench as they are tired. Catching their breaths is difficult cause of the energy has drained quickly by the exercise dance they did.

Marshall: You ok Chase?

Chase: Yeah I am. You?

Marshall: The same bro.

A few seconds,

Marshall: I can't believe we became best friends, I mean it's to early we just talk and share experiences. But still, I'm happy your the first one I have. As my real friend.

Chase: Real friend? How so?

Marshall: Back where I came from, they always have me for things cause I can speak nonstop. They even threat me of not doing it, I'll be beaten very bad. I had no choice. Also they'll have me if they're bored, they will talk to me sometimes. But they just used me to get what they want. So yeah, your my very first friend for real.

Chase: I'm grateful I get to know you, despite that I ignore you that time.

Marshall: (laughs) Yeah I remembered. But still I didn't forget what you've done with those bullies. I'd be toasted if you didn't came.

Chase: Your always welcome. Bro.

While the two are talking peacefully, Chase was suddenly distracted by the sudden commotion of the students. In the middle of the court, two students are shouting at a... girl? Chase suddenly let his instincts get the best of him. And rushed quickly to the crowd leaving a confused Marshall behind. The teachers are trying to make the students separate but it was no use. One bully was able to take off the grasp and swiftly take his knee above ground to hit the girl.

But......

There's no impact occured. All the students are eyeing the one who's preventing the impact of the kick.
"It's Chase", "yeah it's him", "how does he do that?", there's no way he's that fast". The students are clamoring about what they just witnessed......

"LEAVE. HER. ALONE"

.,...the exact same line he said when he saved Marshall from the bullies, but this one doesn't seem to budge. The bully tried to take his leg and kick him instead, but what he didn't expected is that Chase knows Self Defense. Chase easily caught the leg and forced him to lie down with his arm at the back. The other bully saw the scene and instead of attacking Chase, he hid at his teacher who's holding him. The other teacher took the other bully and led them to the principal's office. Another teacher thanked Chase for preventing someone of getting hurt. All the students went back to their own business as Marshall ran to him.

Marshall: Are you ok? Did you get hurt? I saw him kicked you!

Chase: (chuckles) Marshall calm down..I'm ok. (looks at the girl who's still crying) wait a second Marshall.

Chase went to the girl who is still on the floor. He can feel her pain within those tears. He felt bad by just looking at her. It supposed to be none of his concern, but also he doesn't want anyone else to be feeling this way. He needs to calm her down.
Marshall was watching from behind, but then he smirks at his best friend. Despite of being a cold-hearted one, he noticed that Chase has soft spot on girls. "Wait, girls? or just this girl? well whatever that is, I support him.... (smirks) I'll tease him later."

Chase: Just breathe slowly, calm down. They won't hurt you again. (the girl looks at him still has tears in her eyes). (he smiles at her). Hi.... I'm Chase. Can I know your name?

"(sniffles) I... I'm Skye."

Chase: What a beautiful name, Skye. Don't worry, they will not mess you again.

Skye: Promise?

The word echoed at Chase's mind, the first time he heard this. It wasn't supposed to be broken when said. Chase takes a deep breath and said,
"I promise".

Skye cries again and without thinking, she hugged Chase tightly, not letting go.

Skye: Thank you Chase, I will never forget what you did.

Chase was frozen on the spot, the first time a girl hugged him. But he came back to his senses and hugged her back. They break the hug and Chase helped Skye get up.

Skye: It was nice knowing you Chase.

Chase: It was also nice knowing you Skye.

Skye: See you around?

Chase: Just stay out of trouble. Ok?

Skye: I will..... thanks again.

They parted ways as soon the bell rung. Means school is over. Marshall went to Chase's side as they walk towards the gate. Then Marshall starts to mess with Chase.

"(in singsong) Chase got cooties, Chase got cooties"

Chase: Shut up Marshall.

Marshall: (laughing) ok ok I'll stop. But if you want to hug her, you'll need to "Chase" her.

Chase: MARSHALL!! why you!!

Marshall was laughing so hard while Chase is chasing him. Some of their classmates saw them, and laugh. Knowing those two will be best friends forever.
On the other hand, Skye was waiting for her dad to pick her up. Remembering what happened earlier, she smiled. "I wish I could be friends with him."

Author's note: How's the story going so far? I know it still needs some details about it. About their school, they are all in Grade 6. Next year they will be graduating. Chase is still serious but he does care. Marshall's a goofy one but lovable. And Skye will be having her time on the next chapter. Stay tuned. More chapters to come.