Chapter 3: Jade & Mason

Start from the beginning

She's a pediatrician and is doing her internship in the same hospital as I am but we rarely see eachother in the hospital because we don't get much free time while we are at work.

But that's absolutely fine as we share an apartment so it's not like I'm ever going to miss her if I don't see her at work.

And don't even think for a second that she came all the way from Boston to San Francisco to keep me company.

Rather she chose to complete her internship in San Francisco so that she can be with her long distance boyfriend, Mason.

They have been together for two years now and when Jade got the chance to choose a place to complete her internship, she didn't hesitate even for a second before choosing San Francisco.

Ah! The things that love can make people do!

I shook my head at the thought.

Anyways, so her and I choosing the same place for our internships, was merely a happy surprise.

So we decided that we'll rent an apartment together and we'll be housemates.

But but...Mason will be our housemate too? Well...that was never the part of our plan...or at least my plan.

But a few weeks of living in this apartment, Jade asked me if Mason could move in, in our apartment. And of course I had to deny her request.

But Jade being Jade, never gave up...and I was done with her constant pleading and promises that Mason will never be a trouble for me and blah blah, so in the end I gave in and allowed her beloved boyfriend to move into our apartment.

Hence, here the three of us are, sharing a two bedroom apartment, where I have one bedroom all to myself while Jade and Mason obviously share a bedroom.

And until now I have never had any problems with Mason. I like my privacy and they know it very well and they respect it as well.

Though sometimes I still don't like the idea of sharing a house with a guy I barely know but yet I don't complain about it, just for Jade.

Now you must be thinking that why am I not comfortable sharing a house with some guy?

Well...I don't know the answer to that myself...I guess it's just the way I have been brought up...or maybe it has something to do with the rich values and culture that has been deeply inbeded in me.

And sometimes I feel content knowing that my foundation is so strong that even after living in abroad for almost five years now, I haven't been influenced by the trends and culture of this place and that I still remember where I come from.

But anyways I respect everybody's culture and values.

Though I wonder what would happen when my family gets to know that I'm sharing a house with a guy.

They would freak out!

And that's exactly why I never told them. 

But anyways, Mason seems like a nice guy and a good friend and maybe I'm slowly getting comfortable with the fact that I share a house with him.

"Come on, Seher, let's go" Jade said snapping me out of my thoughts as I grabbed my jacket from the couch.

"That'll be all, thank you" I said placing my order after Jade and Mason did.

"So I heard a gossip around the hospital today" Jade said with a teasing smile and an eyebrow raised.

"And do I even want to know this gossip?" I asked shaking my head.