explain

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!!!!!" I shifted to my side covering my face with a pillow to block out whoever was talking, the blanket covering me being yanked off me. "What?!?" I say annoyed that my mom was waking me up like this, normally she would... She...oh...SHIT! I felt someone grab my arm pulling me off the couch my eyes adjusting to the light, ben panically stuffing things into his bag and muttering to himself. " my alarm didn't go off!!" He said panicking " we're an hour late!" "Why didn't you take me home yesterday!! Oh, my mom is going to kill me" I snapped back ignoring what he had said. Nevermind that!! We need to go!" Before I could react he grabbed my arm pulling me out the front door.

What happened why was I still at bens? Did I fall asleep? Why didn't he just wake me? The car started and he pulled out of the driveway, both of us completely silent for a few minutes "stop at my house" I said rubbing my eyes his head snapping towards me "we don't have time for that! We need to be at school in 40 minutes to present our project!" "what? I'll be quick! I just need to change!" "You look fine, school is more important than an outfit! Plus I'm still in my pajamas too" my eyes widened and I swear I saw red for a few seconds "ben you are wearing sweatpants and a white shirt, I have your basketball shorts on and your shirt! I LOOK LIKE A BOY!"

He chuckled to himself which caught me off guard I furrowed my eyebrows and when he noticed me looking at him he stopped laughing. "What was that?" I asked crossing my arms "oh nothing, ignore me" "no say it! Why were you laughing?!" "It's just..." He said hesitating "it's not much different than what you used to wear"... Oh this asshole I looked at him in shock for a second before bringing my fist back punching him in his arm, his eyes widening the pain shooting up his arm while I watched him suffer. "Oww! What was that for??" I rolled my eyes looking out the window as he pulled into the school parking lot. "what an amazing way to start off the day" I muttered to myself getting out of the car, my head feeling like it was going to explode due to how the morning went. I watched as ben grabbed everything and took off running, he has to be joking! we arent even that late! I thought internally crying, noticing that he had my backpack I rushed in after him both of us entering the class at the same time,

"you could have at least stopped for food!" I say before realizing we were in the classroom, everyone looking at us, the teacher confused as to why ben out of all people was late, he looked at me then back at ben. "ugh..." I should have kept quiet! now, what if they get the wrong idea!!" "sorry we're late sir! y/n's car broke down! I hope we didn't miss the chance to present" when he said that the teacher looked less confused like the idea of ben even giving me the light of day was an impossible situation. "ben the presentation isn't until next week" the teacher said smiling. "oh..." ben muttered quietly before taking out his phone, "ah I see I mixed up this project with my English project" he chuckled then his smiled dropped, "MY ENGLISH PROJECT! I FORGOT IT AT HOME" he yelled turning to me "this is your fault!" he accused me. everyone in the class practically getting a free show "my fault! how is this my fault!!" I said back, angry that we went through all this for a damn project that wasn't due until next week. "ugh, let's see, you distracting me with spending the night!" he said in front of everyone, and he realized what he said as soon as he saw the mortified look on my face. "you dumbass!! what was the point of lying about my car if you were just going to blurt that out!? "um... ben y/n if you guys need to step out of the room for a few minutes you can..." the teacher said trying to calm the situation down. "as If I planned on doing that!" he said crossing his arms looking down at me, "just like you planned on getting me wet..." I blurted out immediately regretting it I felt my face heat up and turn bright red bens face did the same and we both stood there in complete silence. "he pushed me into his pool..." I say quietly trying to explain what I said. I covered my face embarrassed about the whole situation before I snatched my backpack from him and began walking to my seat "hold on!" ben said grabbing my arm "we need to go back to get my project!" he said practically dragging me out of the room against my will, "who is we!? after that whole sence, you caused, you want me to go with you!" I remarked trying to get my arm free from his grasp "this whole thing is your fault!"

(last night) (ben's pov)

is this rain ever going to clear? I thought looking over to y/n, her eyes closed with her head resting against the couch cushion, I looked at her blankly staring wondering if she was really asleep, I looked at my watch the time 11:30 her phone ringing. should I wake her? a message on her phone popping up, *sorry I can't come home tonight, I'll make it up to you later I promise* I looked up at y/n, her hand laid out on the couch and her hair falling over her nose covering one of her eyes. "I guess..." I stood up walking to my guest room, taking the spare blanket before returning to the living room, I turned off the tv placing the blanket over her, she slightly moved which caused me to smile, she was actually quite pretty to state the obvious, I've noticed her since middle school, though we never talk she was always just there, the girl with millions of friends, but when we got to high school she did a whole one-eighty she didn't talk to anyone and kept to herself she even joined the track team, I don't exactly know the reason for the switch, but either way, I still thing she is pretty cool.

(a/n)

shh how I love putting characters in embarrassing situations, makes the story better they when aren't so perfect, anyways i hope you liked the chapter!.