talking terms

(next day <3)

since I was kicked off the track team, I thought it would be nice to wear something other than running shorts and an oversized hoodie, and to be honest I don't ever think I wore an actual outfit this school year. I brushed through my hair and put on some eyeliner and mascara. this is the best I looked in a while, it was fun getting ready, instead of just getting up and leaving.

 this is the best I looked in a while, it was fun getting ready, instead of just getting up and leaving

my mom was waiting for me in the kitchen. " hey can you drop me off today?" I asked grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. why aren't going to run there today? she turned away from the stove to face ma and immediately started to smile, you look nice today!! did you meet someone? a boy, a girl? " she asked spinning me with her hands. no! I just do see the point in wearing shorts." she looked like she was let down when I said that but she agreed to drive me. she didn't believe me when I said I wasn't dressed up for any specific reason, because the whole ride there she was trying to get me to tell her about the crush I didn't even have.

we pulled into the school driveway and for some reason, I became very self-aware, " bye mom..." I said getting out of the car, have a good day sweetie!!

the whole time I was walking to class it felt like everyone was looking at me, I tried my best to ignore them, I never really cared about other people's opinions, mostly for the fact that a lot of people wouldn't have one me, I never stuck out, I never dressed up in a way that would make me interesting, I wasn't social, and if some happen to know my name it was because the trophy I once won the school for the track team. I walked into history everyone's eye's turned to me. I awkwardly smiled before sitting at my desk. ' excuse me someone already sits there ' ben said catching me off guard. " are you being an asshole on purpose? " he laughed and tilted his head towards me. ' definitely doing it on purpose I smiled and took out my notebook and a pencil. ' you remembered this time ' he said pointing to the pencil, " not really, I just stole this one off you" the whole time we were talking I could feel Devi's eyes on me, I think I even heard her break a pen. I don't exactly know why she is so mad, we have never talked to each other so I found it strange, there was only one logical explanation to it. " are you and Devi dating?" ben quickly turned to look at me, confused as to why I would ask that question, ' no- why? ' " oh... she keeps looking at me like she is mad I am talking to you, so I just figured. ' yea me and Devi are definitely not together' when he said that he said it like he was holding a grudge, so they definitely had something going to at one point in time.

" oh, about yesterday..." he turned to look at me, and nodded to let me continue, " I was a jerk to you, I'm not normally like that.." I am normally like that, I knew I was, but one thing about me is that if I am in the wrong I will apologize. " I don't know why I was making it so hard on you, I guess I was just ins..." ok too far be quiet now, I tell myself. I clear my throat and move on, "anyways, I'm sorry" he looked down and smiled 'don't worry about it, you look nice today by the way' " so I look bad every other day?" I thought my joke was very clear, but I guess not because he was stuttering trying to take back what he said. ' what... no that's not what I meant...' "ben...ben... I am joking, I know you didn't mean it like that" he let out a sigh of relief before smiling, " thank you... for the compliment" ' yea... no problem...'

( time jump <3 )

the bell rang and we both walked out of the class room together, today we seemed to hit it off really good, he was talking to me more and was overall more friendly, but I guess that's because I was also being more friendly, " you know if you don't wear headphone's during class you actually learn something" he turned to me and furrowed his eyebrow, ' wait really? huh, I never knew that ' I started laughing and he just looked at me smiling. although this time it felt more like he was staring. I looked back at him and he cleared his throat looking ahead. ' so about that history project...' "oh yea! I looked you some facts about it, I wrote them down so whenever you want to start the board thing, we can" ' oh... well, y'know, I have all the stuff at my house if you want...' "we can do it at your house..." good thing he offered, I would have died if he wanted to do it at my house, only because my mom would only freak, and my room was filled with anime posters and manga. so my room was differently off limits.

' great! t-that's awesome, he said but then immediately looked like he regretted it which made me laugh. his attention turning back at me. " yea... awesome" I said teasing him, his cheeks slightly lighting up. ' so when do you have track? like what days' i felt my smile drop a bit, "oh... I kinda got kicked off the team" ' really why? didn't you win the school like 3 trophies? " damn you really are a stalker," I say and he laughed. ' I'm pretty sure everyone in the school knows you did, it's pretty basic knowledge. "what that's not true, I don't think anyone in this school knows my name besides you and my teammates. " he just looked at me like I was crazy then turned to the first person he saw. ' hey paxton" he said, paxton turning to look at us, ugh... hi ben.., he said confused at to why ben called him, oh, hey y/n, I haven't seen you on the field lately, and you stopped going to the gym, why is that? he left his group and walked over to us to further the conversation. I just stood there completely astonished, ben giving me the I told you so look. " no, yea, I had to take a break from track" I said paxton smiling at me aw man that sucks, well better return fast since you're the one winning the trophies I laughed his friends calling for him to leave. right well, I have to go it was nice catching up with you. he left leaving me confused about the whole interaction, " I have never talked to him in my life" I turned to ben ' last year you did, in fact, last year I remember you being more outgoing ' "huh..." ' on a different note, you go to the gym with paxton?' i lightly punched him in his arm which made him laugh.

( a/n )

Hey guys you don't have to but i would really appreciate it if you would follow me on Instagram it's evadgarcia1 i don't have a lot if followers so please lol.