7 ❂ Platonically, Your Majesty

Sorry, I was soo busy (ง ื▿ ื)ว
Anyway, I tried writing a long one.
Enjoy.

-ˋˏ ༻◖❂◗༺ ˎˊ-

Gio is a man of his word.

Even though some things must be done against his will, he fulfills his promises. Even if he is the king, the one revered and obeyed by his subjects, his mother will always have the last words in some aspects of his life.

It's no wonder he's been spending some of his nights in the garden at the corner of the White Palace where the noble ladies were accommodated.

He needed time alone, especially at this moment. He's sick of fluttering fans and lashes, pastels and dark shades of gowns, and best appearances.

He had more things on his humungous plate of responsibilities, there was no space for choosing a wife. "Or wives," as his mother stated. A queen, then some consorts, if you want.

"Choose one for me," he had said and then proceeded to review reports from his spies in the enemy city-states.

Katarina Ormanov didn't bulge and involved him as possible. So there he was, massaging his temples under an apple tree whose fruits are plump for the taking, hiding from the stars and the twin moons.

It has only been a few days. One of the treasuries was opened for the ridiculous farce of selecting a queen and possibly consorts. Never mind his reputation being dragged into the mud.

Outsiders always had something to say about them as barbarians, or how the said monarch of the savage desert kingdom preferred the company of men in his chambers. And now, the queen is desperate to find him a woman.

Giovanni had people to kill and people to protect, he has no time to mind the gossip.

"Too much," he whispered, his words carried by the wind and then drowned by the crickets and howls of desert wolves roaming outside the palace as guards.

He looked up to the sky, with the twin moons sparkling, and seemed to pity him too. "May the gods save me—"

Giovanni paused and blinked, as he now focused on the white clothing he caught at the corner of his eyes, until finally, he made out a silhouette of a woman, sitting by the branch above him, long curly hair untied and loose on her shoulders.

"Did you know I used to be the fastest in climbing trees back in our estate?" Aruna said, gawking down on him, as her naked feet dangled, swaying to and from in a rhythm. "I used to do that when we play hide and seek."

"They never found me," she added, pride slowly blooming in her grin. "I'm the master of hiding."

"...I swear on the gods, I held my breath so you won't know I'm here," she continued in his silence. "I didn't want to invade your space, but the apples looked so plump even at night."

She bit one in her hand, and there it was, like how accidents waiting to happen, and fate intended to ruin his night, Aruna lost his balance, as she fell off a branch.

Falling.

With her wide eyes of surprise, and hair dancing in wind, as wild and her nightgown stirred the stillness of the night.

Falling upon him.

A king is raised to protect himself and be protected. Yet, there he was, in reflex, repositioning and shifting his weight. His arms were wide open to catch the apple thief.

They both fell. There was a thud, then his groan after s short silence.

"Please don't kill me," she begged beside his ears, still on top of him. She then wriggled herself to sit on his stomach, straddling even.