07- CLUB RED

|

"There's going to be lots of paparazzi when we get there, I'm just warning you," Reed told me as he pulled up into a parking spot not far from the club

"You could've told me that earlier," I muttered, lifting the mirror down in the car to touch up my hair and make sure I looked-

Of course, he just flipped the mirror up so I couldn't look at myself. That's a great help.

"You look gorgeous the way you are, you don't need to change anything," Reed told me and those goddam butterflies were back again.

I need to get an exterminator in my body to remove them, they're everywhere when I'm around him- it's like he's infesting me...no, that sounds way too weird.

"You don't scrub up bad yourself," I told him, half-returning the compliment as Reed feigned shock.

"Did Cassie Hendrix just compliment me?" Reed asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't get used to it," I told him, about to get out of the car before his hand stopped me.

"Just wait there," Reed told me before jumping out the car. I know exactly what he's doing.

A few moments later, my car door was being opened and Reed was offering me his hand as I stepped out. Already, I could see the flashes from the paparazzi's cameras, but Reed's eyes were fixated on me, not them. He continued to shut the door behind me as he held my hand.

"Stay close to me and don't let go, these people are sharks. And don't answer any questions, I'll do it," Reed told me, but it felt like more of an order.

Sure, he's just trying to help keep me safe and look after me- but I didn't need his protection. And the questions? I can answer as many as I goddam want to.

Reed began leading me to the main entrance, more paparazzi becoming visible, but I matched his stride. I was not being that woman to walk behind the man as if I'm inferior to him, that shit bugs me.

"Is this your girlfriend?" One man asked, but then another interjected.

"Are you dating this woman, Mr. Taylor?" And another one.

"What is going on with you and Dean Fredericks?"

Dean? I haven't heard his name in years, the last being when Reed and I were in high school. Funnily enough, his favourite colour is green- known as being Reed's number one enemy.

Well, at least in high school, I didn't know their rivalry existed beyond school- but I guess you learn something new every day.

"Excuse me, my girl and I need to get past," Reed told the paparazzi, and I had to admit it was fucking smooth.

For some reason, his grip on my hand became tighter as we got closer to the door, ensuring I was right beside him. Ever since those words left his mouth, I felt like they were closing in around me, getting closer to me- almost too close.