2

For someone who was essentially cursed to have their feelings known with or without their consent, Beomgyu has done a pretty damn good job of hiding them from Yeonjun, if he does say so himself.

Taehyun's running theory is that it's reliant on Beomgyu's mindset. Beomgyu has no intention to confess to Yeonjun, so neither does his heart. But that theory doesn't track when compared to all the other instances his heart escapes–he never intends to confess to anybody, yet the stupid thing still jumps out a few times a year.

It's like it has a mind of its own. That would make sense. The idiotic thing is trying to play matchmaker with random people. It wants him to move on, so it goes to non-Yeonjun people, but Beomgyu refuses to budge regardless of how inconvenient being in love with one of his best friends is.

In his opinion, the only reason it hasn't gone to Yeonjun yet is sheer fucking willpower. Because if there's one thing Beomgyu prizes above a potential relationship with Yeonjun, it's their friendship, and he'll be damned if he lets some fake blessing take that away from him.

Soobin says he's seen Beomgyu clutch his chest in his sleep as if holding his heart inside of it, and honestly, Beomgyu believes him. There have been times he's dreamt of Yeonjun then woken up with heartburn, and that can't be a coincidence.

The following day he has his philosophy elective, and to his relief Namjoon doesn't treat him any differently. Either that or he's a really talented actor.

He flashes Beomgyu that bright smile he always does when he sees him, the one that makes Beomgyu's ears go the slightest bit red. Beomgyu practically sprints to his spot beside Taehyun, slamming his coffee and backpack down and then burying his face in his arms.

"Let me guess. Yeonjun?"

"No," Beomgyu huffs. He rests his chin on his arms. "I had to wake up at six yesterday to grab my heart from Namjoon hyung's doorstep."

Taehyun laughs, as Beomgyu expected, but unlike Soobin his laugh is never condescending. Only judgemental.

Beomgyu isn't that embarrassed about this particular crush, however, because Namjoon is a great guy and Taehyun openly admires him. He's the exact opposite of the last guy Beomgyu's heart ran to. They don't talk about that guy anymore for a reason. Urgh.

"I knew it would be him next," Taehyun says. "You really have a thing for older guys, huh?"

Beomgyu mutters, "Shut up," and doesn't bother trying to deny it. He can't help himself. He's attracted to maturity. Is that so bad?

Now that he's calmed down from the mess of yesterday morning, it's kind of a relief, actually, that Beomgyu's heart escaped to Namjoon. His heart never goes to the same person twice. He's safe until he finds a new superficial crush.

Looking Namjoon in the eyes becomes significantly harder now with the memory of him having to very pathetically pick his own heart off the pavement in front of his house, but it's much better than the alternative of Namjoon having seen him.

Beomgyu and Taehyun both already know all the material for this course–Taehyun only attends for the participation mark and Beomgyu only attends because Taehyun buys him lunch after. He uses the time to revise notes for his other classes and then once that's done, zone out staring at Namjoon's handsome face.

In terms of people he's temporarily crushed on recently, Namjoon is by far the best. He only has two fatal flaws, as opposed to a dozen: he's a little too old for Beomgyu in the sense that he's sure Namjoon still sees him as a kid, and he's not Yeonjun. So.