Chapter 5

Ally's POV
It was already 7, and Issa was supposed to pick me up at 6:30. I hope that he's okay and just stuck in traffic.

I find his contact, deciding to call it. After several rings, it reaches voicemail.

"Hey, you've reached Issa. I'm probably doing something stupid, but, leave a voicemail and I'll try to get back to you! Byeee!"

"Hey Issa, its Ally and I'm really worried. Are you stuck in traffic? I really hope so. See you soon, I guess."

I decided that it would be best for me to look for him. I have an idea! I'll drive from my house to his house, hopefully I'll pass him on the way there. Same route, right?

I get in my car and drive off. I'm not sure if this is the right way, but, this is how I remember it from the other day.

When I think I'm about 5 minutes away, I see an ambulance, police cars, a fire truck, and two cars. One of them is smashed in the front, and the other is turned over and smoking.

Wait a minute, Issa never answered my calls...

He never showed up at my house...

No way. It can't be him.

I saw a man being lifted onto a stretcher. He has black hair and is kind of pale.

Issa.

My eyes go wide and I run towards the stretcher.

"ISSA!" I scream.

I go over to the men lifting the stretcher into the ambulance and ask,

"Is he okay? Please let me go with him to the hospital, I'm a close friend of his. Please." I ask beginning to cry.

"I guess, hop in." One of them replies. That was easier than I thought.

I hopped into the ambulance after Issa was lifted inside. I look at all of his scars and blood stains. It's awful, he looks broken.

"Will he survive?" I ask.

"As soon as we reach the hospital, he's going into emergency surgery. We think that he has some broken or fractured bones, and possible organ damage." He replies. I nod and wipe my eyes with tissues.

"How long do you think the procedure will take?" I ask him, hoping it wouldn't be too long.

"It should only take about 2-3 hours, since there shouldn't be too much damage." He replied.

After several minutes we arrive at the hospital, and I am advised to wait in the waiting room until the procedure is complete. They also said that they would update me on how it's going, and when it's over.

-3 hours later-

A nurse comes in with a clipboard, looking down at it.

"Who is here for Issa?" She asks. I stand up and walk over to her.

"That would be me, is the procedure over?" I ask, hopeful that the 3 hours of waiting paid off.

"Actually, I just came to inform you that the procedure is going to take longer than expected. There is more damage than we thought, so it should take no more than 5 more hours. You're more than welcome to stop by the hospital food court, if you want. I'm sorry, honey." She replied.

"Oh, um, that's okay. It's not your fault. So, where exactly is the hospital food court? And is the food decent?" I asked politely. I've heard that most hospital food is gross, so I wanted to be sure that it isn't bad here.

"I'm going to be honest, it's not Chipotle. I can say that it is better than most hospital foods, though. I know other hospital foods are gross, but, ours isn't. Trust me." She said, smiling.

"Now, you can follow me and I'll make sure you get a free meal for being so patient and calm. Especially for such a young age!" She said kindly. I replied with a simple thank you and we were off to the hospital food court.

When we arrived, it didn't look like a lunchroom. It looked like a large lounge with a variety of foods. The nurse led me to the food stations, and I picked out a salad and got some water to go with it.

"I'll make sure you don't have to pay, hun, so you can just go sit down. I'll let you know when your friend is out if surgery. Feel free to go back upstairs." She said. I thanked her for everything and found a seat.

I began to eat my salad, and it actually tasted really good. I bet it's also really healthy, I mean, I'm in a hospital. There's no way they'd serve unhealthy food.

When I finished, I threw away my plate and kept my water bottle, then headed back to the waiting room. I want to see Issa, and I want him to be okay.

I found a seat in the waiting room and the man next to me asked,

"Are you okay? I'm sorry, you just look kind of pale."

"Oh yes, sorry to worry you. I'm just waiting to see if my friend survived a car crash and his emergency surgery. See, there was more damage than expected. Instead of the procedure taking 2-3 hours, it has taken now over 5." I replied with a sigh.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Once my friend was in a car crash, and he was banged up bad. Doctors said he wasn't going to make it, but after going into surgery, a miracle happened and he survived. He is still alive today, and he is one of the happiest people I know. You wouldn't be able to tell he was ever injured, he's very active and doesn't feel bad for himself about it. Hopefully the same kind of miracle can happen for your friend, too. I wish you the best of luck." He said, adding a smile.

"Thank you for your story. I can only hope that my friend will be okay." I replied.

-After the surgery-
A nurse walked into the room, and my head shot up.

"Who is here for Issa?" The nurse asked. Oh, it was the same lady from before.

"That would be me." I said.

She smiled and then looked down at her clipboard. Her smile slowly faded and she looked up at me.

"Please be okay, Issa.

Please be okay."

I said in my mind.

----------
Hey guys!
Omg super long chapter!
The chapter and this A/N is a total of 1092 words.
Do y'all think Issa will be okay?
Read on to find out😏
Bye guys!
xoxo💕