....For Another

Remus sat back on the couch looking paler then normal. Madison looked at him as she fidget in place almost afraid of what his reaction was going to be. Her hand danced near her wand just in case, she needed to whip into action and stupefy him.

"Okay, so let me get this straight. You were born September 19, 1979. You got flung back in time after you were rescued by a house elf who saved you  after you had been tortured within an inch of your life, by Sirius evil cousin Bellatrix...who married a Lestrange.  You got flung back because said torturer knife shattered a time turner that you were wearing. You also know what happens in the future to everyone you currently go to school with..." he said looking into the fire.

   Lost in the flicking tongue of the flame as if they some how held all the answers to his questions.

   "Is that why you seemed so scared of us? When you first arrived?" Remus said while turning his solem gaze to Madison.

   Madison heart couldn't help but start to pound. But slowly nodded her head.

"You see when I meet you back in my time, I meet very different men. The years had not been kind to Sirius or you..." before she had a chance to say anything else

"...why didn't you say James...or Peter? Do they....does the war...oh Merlin" Remus started to turn a little more pale if that was even possible. Putting his head in his hands rubbing his eyes.

Madison shook her head "I never got the chance to meet James...or Lily. The war, the war takes them. I don't even know how much I can tell you. I want to tell you everything. I want to change it all. I don't want all this death to happen"

Her hand shook as she tried desperately to reel in the rising panic in her chest. Looking at Remus handsome face. So youthful, full of such life. Less scars and worry lines.  Sirius wasn't drinking himself nearly to death every night. James and Lily were alive and Peter had yet to betray his friends over to the dark lord.

So much at stake, so much to lose. The possibility of sitting and watching it all unfold and doing nothing was horrible to imagine. Tears began to stream down her face before she was able to calm herself down again.

Remus looked at her with a straight face. "Tell me, tell me everything. I want to know it all. So we can stop it, undo it"

Madison started to sob, throwing herself into Remus arms. Letting all the built up emotions from everything that has happened lose. Finally letting the ties that held a vice grip on her finally loosen, unraveling in his arms.

He slowly rubbed the small of her back and kissing her hairline as she cried in his arms. Soaking his chest with tears.

   After a while of crying and soothing. Madison finally managed to cry herself out. Pulling away from Remus. Her face red and blotchy, her eyes puffy and bloodshot from crying so much.

"Ok. I'll tell you everything. Every detail....but this stays between use until it's time to bring the others into the fold. There are people I trust more then anything....then their are those I don't. Not anymore. Not in my time or this time."

The bluntness of Madison words startled Remus to a degree. But he nodded none the less. He wanted to save his friends. Who saved him time and time again. For them he would do anything to make sure they lived long happy lives.

"Okay, tell me everything..."