11. fireworks

eleven,
fireworks

        THE CAMPERS ALL sat at the amphitheater

THE CAMPERS ALL sat at the amphitheater. Clara was going on about how the yellow team definitely kicked the blue team's ass. "Okay!" Val started, making everyone shut up. "Hi. Um, it's a tie game. So the outcome of this cheer off determines the fate of Color War. Okay. So, this year, I have picked It's On from Camp Rock 2. And I printed out lyric sheets, but if you don't know the words, that means something went deeply wrong in your childhood and you didn't watch this iconic sequel. And as a reminder, when I stop singing, somebody has to take over. Here we go."

        Val put the mic next to Jet's mouth. "Drums."

        "A little guitar please. One, two, three, four," Val took raised her hand in the air. "I hope you're ready for the time of your life. Just look at me, I put a gleam in your eye. Buckle up, we're gonna take you for a ride."

        She handed the microphone to Ricky, who stood up to stand in front of everyone. "Let's go, we got you going good in the vibe."

        Gina took the microphone from him. "Everybody, put your hands to the sky."

        EJ moved his head over her shoulder so it was closer to the mic. "Hands to the sky."

        "Buckle up, we're gonna take you, take you high," Ashlyn handed the mic back to Val.

        "Show me, show me, show me, show what you got," Val moved to the middle of the two teams. "Come on, come on, come on, come on, ready or not. La la, la la, la la, let me see how you bop. It's on, it's on, it's on." She walked through a few rows. "Get crazy, crazy, crazy, take it over the top. 'Cause we, 'cause we, cause when we rock, we let it rock. Rock it, rock it, rock it, dance til we drop. It's on, it's on, it's on."

        She walked over to Jet, holding the microphone out to him. "Okay, now, are you ready?" He took it and stood up, going over to the blue team. "One, two, one, two, three, four. Show stopping when I step in the place. Before it's done, you're gonna beg me to stay. Get on board, c'mon let's ride the wave."

        Maddox got up and walked over to them. "Let's go, let's go, we just do what we do. Watch me break and pop, I'll pass it to you. You wanna rock like us 'cause we're never second place?" She walked back over to her team, making a L with her fingers.