02. now or never

two,
camp shallow lake

       IF PHOEBE WAS being honest, she wasn't all that surprised when Ricky told her that Lily had stolen their Beast harnesses

       IF PHOEBE WAS being honest, she wasn't all that surprised when Ricky told her that Lily had stolen their Beast harnesses. It was totally in character for her.

Phoebe had been the first one in the bathroom due to not having been able to sleep. While the other girls had begun to wake up (thanks to Maddox and Camp Shallow Lake time), she was sitting in bed fully ready with a pen in her hand and her notebook resting on her lap.

        Now, she was just waiting for Clara to get ready so they could go get breakfast while listening to Ashlyn, Kourtney, and Gina. "Clara!" she shouted. "If you don't hurry up, I'm leaving you!"

        "Just go, Bee," Clara hollered back. "I don't wanna hold you back."

"Are you sure?" Phoebe wondered.

"Yeah," Clara opened the door and stuck her head out. "You need to have energy for today if you're gonna knock Corbin Bleu dead."

"Okay, let's not get too ahead of ourselves," Phoebe shook her head. "I'll meet you there." With that, she walked out of the cabin. Seeing Ricky, who also noticed her, made her stop in her tracks. "Hey."

Ricky and Phoebe hadn't talked about their kiss. Nini now knew about it, however. Phoebe had avoided Nini at the beginning of summer when Nini had confronted her about it, Phoebe told her everything. Nini had been quiet for a moment, making Phoebe think that she was about to be slapped, but Nini simply stated that it was okay. Phoebe and Ricky had both been in a vulnerable place and were there for each other, it was a heat of the moment thing.

"Hey," Ricky replied.

Phoebe awkwardly nodded and motioned for him to follow her as she continued walking. "I'm about to get some breakfast."

"Same here," Ricky told her. "Twinsies."

Phoebe wrinkled her nose. "Ew, please don't ever say twinsies again."

"What? Why not."

        "Because it's a horrible word."

        "Okay," he playfully rolled his eyes at her.

       Phoebe laughed. She'd missed her and Ricky's friendship. As much as she'd like for them to be able to go back to their old ways and pretend like nothing had happened, she wouldn't be able to without at least talking to him about it. Now or never. "Hey, Ricky?"

        "Hey, Phoebe?" he repeated. "What's up?"

        "Can we just start over?" she stopped walking and turned to him.