05. the woman in the woods

five,
the woman in the woods

        "IS IT JUST me, or is everyone being mean to Maddox for, like, no reason?" Clara questioned when she and Phoebe got into their tent

"It's not just you," Phoebe assured her.

"What is their deal? She's literally so sweet and she was so excited for tonight and what? That Jet kid can't stop making jokes for five minutes so she can finish the story?" Clara complained. "Like, dude, we get it. You think you're funny, but I actually want to listen to what she's saying."

"Hey, babe?" Nick's called from outside the tent.

"I already told you, this is a boy free zone!" Clara sighed. "Go away!"

"I know, but—" he cut himself off, screaming.

"I'm not falling for it, Nicholas," Clara rolled her eyes. "I can't believe he's trying to prank us right now." Hearing no response from her boyfriend made Clara a little worried. "Nick?"

Phoebe and Clara shared a look. The two of them grabbed their flashlights and got out of the tent, looking around.

"Nick, I swear to God if you're pranking us right now, I'm going to—" Clara screamed, making Phoebe spin around.

Ricky and Nick stood there, Ricky in some type of weird costume, laughing as they leaned onto each other. "That was hilarious!"

"I'm going to kill you," Clara threatened. "Both of you. Seriously, what the hell?"

Nick walked towards his girlfriend, cupping her cheek with his hand. "You're so cute when you're mad."

Phoebe watched as the couple walked away, Clara very much set on the fact that she was going to kill the both of them while Nick showered her in compliments.

        "C'mon, it was funny!" Ricky exclaimed, noticing the look on Phoebe's face.

        "No, it wasn't," Phoebe shook her head, but her grin gave her away.

○●○

        PHOEBE AND CLARA had gone back to their tent. "Phoebe!" Ricky stuck his head in the tent along with Nick. He was no longer in the costume that he'd used to scare Clara. "Gina, Nick, and I are going to go look for a shrine in the woods. Do you want to come?"