06.

𝑩𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒍𝒆𝒔 - 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓

Onika was in the living room now. She'd managed to get one of the iPad's I'd left in her room and was doing God knows what on it. I was standing on the stairs, just watching as she smiled down at her screen. Part of me was trying to determine if she'd went back into headspace or not. But something was telling me that she hadn't. 

Making my way downstairs, I entered the living room and looked over to her. She peered up at me then scoffed and looked back down. 

"Onika," I spoke, trying to actually get her attention. But, instead of answering, she sighed heavily and sat back on the couch. Crossing her legs and bringing the iPad lower as she continued to scroll. 

"I'd appreciate if you responded when I spoke to you." I uttered, walking closer to her and using a single finger to push the iPad down. 

"I'd appreciate if you didn't eat my dick all fuckin' day but look where we are." She mumbled. Her small hands dropped the device into her lap and clasped themselves together. I watched as her dark brown eyes glared at me and her perfect eyebrows scrunched.

This would look much prettier with tears and mascara running down her face while she begged. But we'd get there later on.

"Not sure what that means but I'll look it up at a later time. I came to ask if you'd like to go out with me." I smiled warmly. I was expecting a no but i stead received a quick yes. She stood up and headed straight for the stairs. 

"I've been waiting to get out of this damn house forever." She said while going up the stairs. I just shook my head and took her spot on the couch. I could wait for her downstairs. I wanted to pick up her iPad so badly, but that was no way to treat her things. Even if I had brought it for her. 

About forty five minutes went by and she still hadn't returned downstairs. I started to get worried so I made my way to her room and knocked on her door. 

"Come in." She answered. Opening the door I was greeted with a destroyed room, all her clothes were everywhere. 

"Uh—is everything alright?" I asked. Onika was sitting on her bed with a red face, almost as if she was trying not to cry again. 

"No. I don't have shit to wear." She mumbled before kicking one of her bright pink skirts further away. 

"You've got a closet full of things, is it not enough?" I questioned. I cautiously sat beside her, even though I wanted to physically comfort her I voted against it. She wasn't in her headspace and I could tell she didn't enjoy touching. 

"That's not it. I hate pink. 'Nika likes pink but I'd never wear this shit," She explained. I nodded my head and hummed. 

One thing I could say was that Vanessa didn't lie when saying Onika out of headspace was nothing like the version of herself inside of it. 

"Would you like to go shopping instead?" I offered. I wanted her to be as comfortable as possible. 

"Why would we do that?" 

"You don't have clothes." I watched her head turned to me and she squinted her eyes in suspicion. 

"But I've been the biggest asshole to you. Why would you do anything for me?" 

"Onika, your behavior doesn't bother me. In fact, I find it amusing. And even though you haven't been the nicest today; the last thing I'd want is for you to be uncomfortable." I explained. Her eyes switched from looking between my eyes, and I flashed a smile. 

She cleared throat and stood up, kicking a few more articles or clothing in the process."

"Whatever, let's just hurry up so you can quit with the whole knight in shining armor act." She huffed. I guess she was wearing what she had on to the mall. 

__ 

lol, horribly short just to let you guys know I'm back frl. :)