01.

𝑩𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒍𝒆𝒔 - 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓

"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡."

My palms were sweating. Standing in the mirror, I stared at my own terrified reflection. I hadn't been this nervous, no, neurotic in all my years of caregiving. I was never this high strung. It might've been due to my last relationship. Or, situationship you will.

But that didn't matter now. I was due for a new little. A new start-a fresh beginning whatever it was. Luckily for me, it wouldn't be too hard. I had a few friend's within the BDSM world.

I dug in my pocket, reaching for the business card they'd left with me on their last visit to the suburbs.

Chewing on my lip, I took in a sharp breath through my nose. God, I hope this goes well. Making my way out the house, I grabbed a bottle of water and got into the car. Telling my driver her instructions, I sipped my water.

Why was this so hard for me? I wasn't new to this, and had multiple relationships with women-a few who, were, in fact, littles. Perhaps it was that each of them had failed. Leaving me, by myself and a few thousand short in my bank account.

But, the money, wasn't something that I considered all too often. I could make fifty thousand in my sleep. But, the ache in my heart wasn't something that went away with my consciousness. At one point I was hurt so bad, that my dreams, did in fact hunt me with the face of my ex at the time.

Yet again, that didn't matter. I was getting my do-over. Although I wasn't too sure of what I had done wrong in the past. My thoughts had come to a stop as my driver opened my door with a smile.

"We're here, ma'am." She announced and I nodded. Taking my shades from my pocket I slide them up the bridge of my nose and exited the car. She closed the door behind me and got back in.

Looking up at the big, bright building, I felt my heart rate increase. In less than a few hours there was a chance that I'd be taking home a little of my own. Taking on quite the responsibility.

Walking into the revolving doors, I was greeted with the sweet scent of baked goods. Multiple men and women, dressed in business suits and classy dresses littered the first floor-it intimidated me. Despite the fact that I, was, supposed to fit into the crowd, somehow I felt out of place.

I looked at my watch, releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding. Robyn and Lauren had said they'd meet me at four. The time was five past that. Looking around, I started to get even more worried. Was I too late?

My nerves seemed to heighten when a firm hand gripped my shoulder from behind. Swiftly, I turned around and my anxiety settled upon the smile of my old friend; Robyn.

"Sorry we're late. This one, didn't want to put on her jacket." She apologized, her eye redirecting to Lauren at the end of her sentence. I chuckled and waved her apology off.

"Hmmph," Lauren huffed and rolled her eyes. I couldn't help but laugh. I knew by the stressed look on Rob's race that she was being a handful this afternoon.

"You ready?" She asked me with a grin. She took Lauren's 9 hand and started to lead the both of deeper into the building.

"Yeah. Slightly nervous and a bit on edge. But overall ready." I stated with a shaky breath. Who was I kidding, I was nearly shitting bricks back at the house.

"You've got the house ready don't you?" Robyn questioned, we were now waiting for an elevator. I silently nodded, trying to mentally prepare myself some more.

"Then you're good. I already know you're a great caregiver so no worries there. You're a great person too, you got this. It's good to be nervous." Robyn reassured me, and it did help a lot actually.

I did have this.

"I've never did it like this before, though. This seems a lot more formal." I murmured as we stepped onto the elevator. Robyn laughed and gripped my shoulder, giving it a form shake.

"You'll get over that quick. This is how I met Loo. And it's a lot more secure. No risk of kink shaming either." She grinned. That too eased my mind. This canceled out the awkward conversation about kinks and such. It still felt weird. I imagined it as one would pick out a puppy.

It was vile, but my imagination was quite strange I must admit. But, I hope it is not, like picking out a dog. That, would be frightening.

Robyn had clicked a button on the elevator and I looked over to see which one had lit up. Floor twenty three.

I didn't even realize there was that many.

"Twenty third floor?" I chuffed, a look of amusement on my face as I turned to her.

"You wouldn't put toddlers or vulnerable adults on the first three floors would you?" She snickered and I shrugged, she had a point.

"And if there's a fire? Irritated littles climbing down a fire escape?" I countered, the same grin on my face.

"I hadn't thought of that.." She chuckled.

"Neither did the owner." I mumbled and we both laughed. My smile seemed to drop as the elevator doors opened slowly, and a deafening silence embraced us.

"Here we go," I mumbled to myself.

-
Hi! Welcome to my new impulsive decision. :)

Thoughts?