Chapter 16: Karasu

Naruto: Tales of Ashihara

Prologue – Arc 2: The Daitengu

.

Chapter 16: Karasu

.

At the place where the group was camping last night, Kobo, Minaa and Z are still fighting against Ritoru and Chuji. Minaa has been holding her ground against Ritoru. They both use feline-like abilities, but one of them specializes in a Doton-based Kekkei Genkai while the other uses Raiton. In hand-to-hand combat, Minaa has the advantage of speed, and her outfit seems to work as a distraction with this opponent.

On the other hand, Z and Kobo are struggling, experiencing the power of the strongest of Sojobo's servants. His tengu isn't even awake yet, but his abilities are already in use. He can throw powerful chakra orbs that are very similar to the Bijudama. He can also use Jinton, the same Kekkei Tota as the Tsuchikage, but prefers to limit his use of it in fights because of the exhaustion it causes. Still with only his upgraded physical abilities and his Tengu chakra orbs, he overwhelmed both Z and Kobo. The place has been completely devastated by his repeated strikes.

With one more Tengu chakra salva, he aims for his two adversaries, who plunge away to dodge and fall to the ground.

"Did Sasuke really plan to have us fight this guy?" asks Z to Kobo.

"He surely made some wrong calculations!" answers Chuji instead, smiling.

Kobo struggles to stand up, not done yet. Sasuke asked for his help, so he has to give his best. He promised to the Mizukage that he'll come back home safe, but if the mission requires it, he'll have to forget about that promise. Chuji sees him still willing to fight and is amused, but annoyed. Kobo just holds his two swords forward, as if he was challenging his opponent to a physical confrontation, which Chuji gladly accepts.

Z does his best to stand up too and help the young Kiri-nin, but doesn't make it in time, he still tries to hurry. Chuji surrounds both his hands with chakra and shapes it into two scalpels that he enlarges to make blades. As the yamabushi gets closer, fully on for a short range, Kobo sees that he took the bait and, as soon as his enemy jumps off the ground, prepares a surprise.

Katon – Cross Fire

Th young Uchiha's two swords catch fire and he slices the air toward Chuji with them, which forms a cross shaped fire projectile. Chuji, in the middle of a leap forward, just looks agape at the jutsu coming to him and is unable to dodge. The fire cross strikes him right in the torso, and the blow throws him back. He rolls on the ground and gets on his feet again. On his chest, he sees a severe burn mark in the shape of a cross. This boy just touched him. Nobody ever touched him, but this boy just did.

This triggers Chuji who screams in anger and stands up. He raises a hand in Kobo's direction and a white chakra transparent sphere appears. The sphere visibly grows bigger. Chuji prepares to erase Kobo from this world with this jutsu but is interrupted by Z who bounces up to have the high ground on him.

Ranton – Denki Mizurappa

He spits a shoot of lightning that falls over Chuji. The yamabushi undoes the jutsu he was getting ready to throw and evades Z's attack by rolling away. But when this lightning-like water trumpet hits the ground, it splashes into many lightning rays that fly in every direction. Chuji sees the lasers coming to him and, even in motion, knows how to react. He raises a hand and quickly fires a chakra orb as a wave that eradicates all the lasers it crosses.

When Chuji gets back on his feet, he catches a kunai that Z throws at him to make a diversion for Kobo. The young Uchiha arrives in his enemy's back and tries to cut his head off. Chuji who realizes he turned his back to one of his opponents, looks back and sees him before he strikes. He turns around and blocks the sword with the kunai. Kobo takes advantage of Chuji's lack of second weapon and uses his other sword to aim for his head again. The fanatic pushes his enemy back before his strike land to evade it.