My Heart

"Gosh it's been a long time since we were here" Korn exclaimed as they sat together around a table in the bar "It's just not been the same without you man"

(I don't like this) his alpha growled at him (We should go back to our mate. Now!!)

"Guys let's finish this fast" he said gesturing for the waiter "I need to get back soon"

"Pat dude chill" Wai said patting him on the back "What's the hurry? Pran told you to have fun, didn't he?"

He sighed, shaking his head at Wai. These days he and Wai had become close friends as he too had been helping him with the project along with Korn

"Yeah it's a big thing we have accomplished here" Korn said grinning at him "It's our right to celebrate"

(We do want to celebrate) his alpha griped inside him (But with our mate)

"Guys I know" he said looking at them "But you wouldn't understand my worry unless you have a pregnant mate waiting for you at home"

"I'm sure he's fine" Wai said gulping down his freshly served beer "Besides I'm sure he's finally feeling peaceful after having rid of you for some time"

(He's so NOT) his alpha exclaimed offended

"Besides I still can't believe that you are soon going to be a father you know" Korn guffawed thumping the table loudly "The Pat who picks fights at the blink of an eye about to be a dad. It's still so unbelievable"

"Oh believe it or not but I feel the same" he muttered, slowly sipping his own drink, his mood dampening

"What's wrong?" Korn asked probably sensing his sour mood

"It's just that" he started wringing his hands together "I AM over the moon about being a dad and I can't wait to meet my baby. But...'sigh'...it's just that I'm also kind of scared of being a father you know" he said raking his hands through his hair "I'm terrified of messing up and not being a good father. It's not like my own father is a great example you know"

(I'm sure we will be ok) his alpha though trying to comfort him

(But what if we aren't?) he thought back worried (Our own dad always made us feel suffocated. Always pushed his own wishes upon us)

(We are NOT our dad) his alpha growled at him (And we will never be either)

"Pat don't worry" Korn said putting a reassuring arm over his shoulder "You are already doing so much for your family. Your baby is not even born yet and you are already working so hard for their future. I can tell you are going to be an amazing dad"

"Yeah Korn is right" Wai said smiling at him "And you should listen to Pran gushing about you in his calls and texts. God he speaks so highly of you and tells me you are going to be the best father. It's kind of getting a little annoying now"