My Mother-in-Law

Chapter Text
(I knew it was her. Why is she here?) his alpha growled angrily as Pran's mom stood up to greet him

"Pran it's so good to see you" Dissaya smiled taking a step towards Pran

(We should have gotten here first and prevented Pran from seeing her. Pssh!!!)

(Well what could we do when he hurried ahead of us like that)

He looked to see Pran completely frozen beside him. A turmoil of emotions hit him from his mate. From fear to anxiety to hope.

Pran couldn't seem to decide whether to be happy or to be cautious on seeing his mother

"Pran are you okay?" his mother asked again taking another step towards them

"He's fine. Why are you here?" he asked stepping in front of Pran and shielding him from view

Her face flickered with irritation at his answer before morphing into a blank expression "I came to see my son of course. Why else would I be here?"

"So now you remember I'm your son?" Pran asked stepping from behind him to face her "You seemed to forget that fact when you slapped me in the face"

"I know what I did was wrong" she said looking at her son "I was just so angry and lost control of my emotions. I didn't mean to hurt you at all"

"Not only that mom" Pran said interlinking their hands together "You completely belittled my relationship with my mate and deemed it worthless because of the grudge you have on his father"

(Oh great!!) his alpha thought groaning internally (It's like the sins of the father being transferred to the son)

"Mate" Pran's mom whispered, her eyes landing on the mating bite on Pran's neck "You are mated??"

(Of course we are) his alpha huffed annoyed (What does she think about us)

"Yes we are" Pran replied squeezing his hand to death in the process "I know you thought that Pat would abandon me. But he didn't and he never would either"

(She WHAT????) his alpha shouted in his head (How dare she think such a thing about us? As if we could ever survive without Pran. How could she even??)

"Mrs. Siridechawat please" he said holding up a hand "I know that my father betrayed you in the worst way possible. That doesn't mean that I'm the same as him. I love Pran and I would never leave him"

"I'm sorry if I don't trust your words Jindapat" she said turning up her nose at him "Intially your father was my friend too. In fact he was my best friend. But he did what he did in the end. So forgive me if I don't trust you not to leave my Pran if things get difficult"

"I would never..."

"Mom stop it. Please.."