Chapter 3

3 months later....

"Hello?"

"Oppa"

"Oh, Lisa! How are you? How can I help you?"

"Oppa, I think I found the perfect company to acquire."

"Is that so? I think I found one myself, how about we set up a meeting this week?"

"Sure!"

"Okay, I'll set it up, you, take a rest, I know you just came back from China, get plenty of rest first and we'll talk about it in the meeting."

"Okay, thank you oppa!"

"You're welcome, I'll see you soon, yeah?"

"Yes, GD Oppa."

"Bye, Lisa."

Goodbye GD Oppa"

Meeting Day

"Good morning everyone, as you all know, we are planning to acquire small to medium sized companies in hopes to help them get more popular and known here in South Korea and to the rest of the world." GD started. All of the shareholders (Big Band and 2ne1) are present as well as the 4 CEOs. "Lisa-ssi already has a company in mind and I believe their CEO is with us as well, is that correct Lisa?" GD asked. "Correct GD Opp- GD-ssi" Lisa stuttered which got a chuckle from the rest. "May I call Mr. Lee Jowoon, CEO of Dreamcatcher Company." The CEO then entered the meeting room. GD stood up and said "Yah! Lalisa! This is also the company I had in mind!" "I guess great minds think alike oppa." Lisa smiled. They then proceeded to make a handshake on the spot. CL could only shake her head in amusement. "And to think they're known as "Global Superstars" CL said as she rolled her eyes.

Lisa then cleared her throat and proceeded with their proposal. "Mr. Lee, you may be wondering what this meeting is about. But first, let me properly introduce myself, I'm Lalisa Manoban, member of Blackpink and one of the new CEOs of YG Entertainment. These are my members and co-CEOs, Jisoo, Jennie and Rose. Right across us are BigBang and 2ne1, the new shareholders of YG Entertainment." Lisa said as Blackpink, BigBang and 2ne1 stood up and bowed to the CEO of Dreamcatcher Company.

"Now that we have properly introduced ourselves, let us get started with the meeting. I'll be straight to the point Mr. Lee, YG Entertainment wants your company, DCC, to be one of our subsidiaries." Lisa said much to the shock of Mr. Lee. "Ms. Manoban, I've already read your proposal but this is still quite a shock to me, can you perhaps explain to me about why you want to acquire the company? In your own words, what made you choose us?" Mr. Lee asked.

Lisa smiled, "Good question Mr. Lee, I'll be honest with you, I'm not sure why DCC came to mind, let's call it a gut feeling, as you know, I've met one of the Dreamcatcher girls, Han Dong during my stay in China for Youth with You. During that time period she has shown her incredible talent and dedication to her craft. That made me curious about the group, I looked them up, did my research and–" "in short she stalked your group, that's just how she is" Jisoo intervened which made the others laugh resulting in Lisa becoming a blushing mess. "Unnie! I'm not done! Now you made me forget what I was about to say." Lisa said while pouting. "Now, now maknae, don't get riled up, we were just teasing you, you looked so serious, so out of character of the Lisa we know." Jennie said while trying to control her laughter. "Of course! This is a serious meeting, gotta get my A game to impress Mr. Lee." Lisa huffed. "Anyways, as I said earlier before being interrupted" Lisa said while glaring at Jisoo who is still chuckling, "I did my research on the girls and discovered that even before Dreamcatcher, they were a group called Minx right?" Lisa asked to which Mr. Lee nodded."I can still remember their Minx days, they were all so excited to debut, so ready to showcase their talents to the world, even if it was not the music they were aiming for." Mr. Lee said while reminiscing. "I believed in them, I know how talented, dedicated those girls are to the group. But sadly..."

"The Minx girls were not given the opportunity," Rose said with sympathy in her eyes.

"Yes, in my mind, it was because we were a small company and when we debuted the girls, we were up against bigger companies, we were relegated to the sidelines, for about two years we struggled to get the girls exposure, we were declined a hundred no, a thousand times. I didn't have the heart to tell girls that that was the reason why they weren't getting bookings for variety shows. But despite all that, they remained positive, they put in hours after hours of practice, perfecting their vocals, dance, variety show skills in hopes that one day, they will be invited to bigger shows." Mr Lee said with tears in his eyes.

All of them understood the CEO's sentiments, they know, despite them being in a much, much bigger company, they were idols first before this and they have witnessed first hand how groups from smaller companies struggled to get into music shows. Lisa looked around the room and she saw how Big Bang and 2ne1 empathized with the CEO, Rose however, was legit crying, hogging the tissue that Jisoo gave to Mr. Lee.

"Mr. Lee, sorry for bringing up these bad memories to you" Jennie said. "No,it's okay, I carried this burden, this guilt with me for a long time, I didn't have the heart to tell them, they were hurt enough from the lack of exposure, so much more when we..."

"Decided to disband Minx" Lisa continued and Mr. Lee agreed.

"Yes, our company was barely afloat at that time, their sister group, Dal Shabet was also failing to get the recognition they deserved. To keep the company floating, as hard as it was and knowing it'll crush their dreams, we had to disband Minx. The girls, God bless their souls, were very understanding and remained with the company although Siyeon, their main vocalist was traumatized because of that."

"I heard she didn't get out of her room for months and refused to be on stage, is that right?" CL asked.

"Yes, it took her a while to get over but I'm thankful that she did."

"Mr. Lee, I commend you for not giving up on the girls." Taeyang said.

"I refused to give up on them, those girls were overflowing with talent, I can't let that go to waste. With the help of our shareholders we decided to re-debut the group and add members, change the concept and producers." Mr. Lee answered.

"Is that why you chose Rock and Metal?" GD asked.

"No, funnily enough we were going to re-debut them with the same concept at first but I thought, what if WE listen to what the girls have in mind. The girls were big fans of rock bands, I myself am a fan of rock music. They suggested adding rock and metal elements to the songs. It was risky, the concept was not heard of but it got me thinking, no other groups had that same concept, this was fresh and unique, so we decided to go with that. It gave us an edge over the competition and surprisingly, recognition from international fans "

"That is where my proposal is going, we are all aware of the love Dreamcatcher is getting internationally, but the issue remains here in Korea where the girls are still being looked over because they come from a small company." Lisa said to which Mr. Lee nodded.

"My proposal is that yes, we will acquire the company and become a subsidiary of YG ent. But, you, Mr. Lee are still in control, we will only provide you with the resources, the budget and the ideas on how to make Dreamcatcher the next big girl group. The concept, the music will not change, think of it like this, Dreamcatcher is dubbed as stair idols right? Slowly but surely getting to the top." Lisa said. Mr. Lee nodded. "So YG will act as the elevator to get the girls to the heights they've always dreamed. Rest assured that we will take the girls from nor change them to fit the usual YG concept. DC is DC, they are their own genre YG will just be their back up."

"That is our proposal Mr. Lee, I really hope you take it into consideration, take as much time as you want, our lines, specifically, my line is open 24/7." Lisa said as she ended her proposal.

Mr. Lee then chuckled, "and to think I was ready to become a radish farmer to further fund Dreamcatcher , no need to think it over Ms. Manoban, I am impressed with the proposal and I trust all of you since all of you are idols, all of you know what's best for the girls and for the company. Ms. Manoban, Dreamcatcher Company is now under your care." Mr. Lee said as he stood up and bowed to all of them.

"I'm not really fond of handshakes Mr. Lee," Lisa said. "Can I hug you instead?"

"Uh, sure Ms. Manoban" Mr. Lee said, a little confused but open his arms nonetheless.

Instead of Lisa, all of Blackpink went over and hugged the CEO. "We'll make sure those girls are taken care of, I promise." Jennie said which made the CEO tear up again. "You girls are something else" the CEO said while wiping his tears.