Aftermath

Brandon

I was so happy to have my mate back with me but August was more excited than I was, I felt like there had been a huge drought and rain was finally falling after ages, quenching the dry thirsts of many.

I was relieved, and more than anything, I was happy we made up and were on better terms with each other, I don't think I can ever handle not being on good terms with my Luna, it just makes me feel so weak and vulnerable, I'd literally do anything to see her happy.

I know we didn't iron everything out detail by detail, like her finding out that Hannah is Lucifer's Daughter, or me getting an explanation from her about that William, I swear I hate that fart,  not only because he is close to my mate but something about him just doesn't feel right and I don't know how Scar can't feel it.

Scarlett needs to know everything now, time is not on our side and war draws closer.

"You look like you have a lot on your mind."
Scarlett said walking into my office sitting herself on my table looking ever so beautiful. I stood up from my chair pulling her in  for a kiss, she wrapped her arms around my neck filling my body with tingles and  warmth, I ran my hands down her waist pulling her closer to me, both of us getting lost in the moment.

"Mmmm, m.m m.m" she placed her hands on my chest breaking out of the kiss.

"You're not getting out of this one so easily Sir we need to talk"

"Ahh do we have to?" I asked stealing a peck.

"Yes Brandon you know we do" she said sounding a bit more serious
"Okay okay, I'll behave and we'll talk, but only on one condition."

"What's that?"

"I want a cute pet name" I pouted, but almost burst out in laughter seeing her eyes buldge, she sighed helplessly pinching the bridge of her nose.

"What!!!!" Reacting in the exact way I had anticipated, I couldn't hold back my laughter.

"Brandon this is serious stop fucking with me!!!"

"I'd rather that than....."

"Don't!!!" She reprimanded before I could finish

"I thought we talked about everything last night." I said sitting on my chair, "What more do we have to talk about?"

"Brandon we have a lot to talk about and you know it, for starters who exactly is this Lucifer? Why didn't you tell me about you and Hannah, for fuck's sake why can't you people tell me anything? Don't you think that I at least deserve to know what I'm up against?"

Scarlett's POV

"Brandon we have a lot to talk about and you know it, for starters who exactly is this Lucifer? Why didn't you tell me about you and Hannah, for fuck's sake why can't you people tell me anything? Don't you think that I at least deserve to know what I'm up against?"  I was mad, I didn't know how angry this whole situation made me feel until I started talking about it.

I mean honestly, what's so hard about laying all the cards on the table? Why the fuck should I always discover things by myself? Then why do I have them?

Brandon sat in his chair unable to look at me,

"Say something"

"I don't know!" He shot back "I guess I thought some information would scare you off, I thought you'd feel differently if you knew that I wanted to mate with the devil's daughter, I thought you'd want nothing to do with me or this pack. I'm sorry Scarlett."

"you're still not saying anything."

"Lucifer, Lucian and my parents were very close friends, he was like a second father to me, and he was also my father 's Beta, Hannah and I grew up together because of our parents' closeness and that is how we developed our relationship, and you know the rest of the story."

"I thought spirits were given to only Alphas and Lunas."

"Not necessarily, Lucian was a wise man, and a loyal adviser to my father,  I guess in the Moon Goddess 's eyes he had all the qualities."

"Hmm, Did you know about Diane?" I asked him

"Fuck no! I would have snapped her head the moment I found out, too bad you've already obliterated her."

"Is there Anything else I need to know?"

"No, I promise, and if I uncover anything else I promise to let you know."

"I'd appreciate that, now tell me about this Anthony."

"It's my name, given to me by my grandad, they say it's the worrier inside me." He answered sounding rather embarrassed and I almost laughed

"Well, What now? now that I don't have anyone to help me connect with my spirit?" I asked worried, what would become of us? Diane was the only person who knew how to connect me with my spirit and she was a scam of a witch, I didn't know how to talk to my Spirit and I doubt Sabrina knew too, How are we supposed to defeat Lucifer now

"We train, we read, we train some more, its only a matter of time before you figure out how your spirit works, and if we don't, one thing you know for sure is that she always pulls though when the going gets tough, so we read on that we see what we can find and we work on it,  we've got you Scar, we are going to do this and we are going to help you in anyway we can, and we are going to fight, with everything we have to save our universe." Brandon said with a serious face, and I must say I loved this side of him.

I could feel the authority coming from him, the determination, the dominance, I liked it, it was assuring, I had no doubt we would get through this challenge, I almost forgot how strong Brandon is.

"I trust you Buster" I said.

"Buster?"

"Your pet name, don't you remember? "

"Buster?" He thought for a second before it hit him, I used to call him Buster back when he would walk besides me in his wolf form everyday when I got off work.

"My huge fluffy cute Buster" I said and he wore a naughty look

"Huge huh?" hey said approaching me.

"I hate to interrupt you guys but you need to see this." Hunter said, knocking on Brandon's door and I suddenly got a horrible migraine, dear lord this can't  be good, whatever it is, its not good at all.

Brandon led us down the hallway into the living room where the pack was gathered, Vivian was sitting next to a woman who cried hysterically holding a note in her hand.

Megan grabbed the note and handed it to us.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Brandon said furiously.

"Fuck!!!!" he screamed one more time.

"Brandon, you need to calm down, I grabbed his shoulders, my eyes pointing to the poor woman who was crying her eyes out"

"This is the girl" Jason said showing us a picture from his phone that I could have gone my whole life without seeing, I suddenly felt light headed, but I tried my best to hold myself together, I couldn't show any weakness in front of this woman, she needed to know she could count on us, and that we would deal with the situation.

"Alpha, Luna, you have to do something, please! They can't get away with this they can't!!" she said crying desperately, I felt so bad and guilty, its our duty to make sure that everyone in this pack is protected, but we failed this poor woman.

"Rest assured Mrs Willson, this matter will be delt with, justice will be served. This Bastard has gone too far" Brandon spat venomously.

I looked at the note once again feeling a stinging pain in my chest.

"ALL IS FAIR IN POWER AND WAR: L"

......................................................................

And so the Aftermath brings a hurricane of its own.

Comment to let me know how you liked this chap.

can anyone guess what is going on?

Don't forget to leave a vote for your girl hihihi