𝟒𝟎. held hostage

Start from the beginning

"You might wanna be careful what you say, Klo-Klo. Even I don't want you ending up like lover-boy in the other room," he traced the back of his hand down to her chin, then down her neck, then her chest. "Let's just say, it's not pretty."

"What did you do to him?" She asked him, her voice shaking as she watched Merle's bloodied hand travel somewhere she wasn't comfortable with. She looked down, noticing the blood that was coated on her chest. Before Merle could touch her cleavage, he removed his hand and laughed loudly.

"Does it really matter, Klo-Klo? Do I have to explain when you now have his own blood covered on you? I don't think so." Kloe gulped as she stared up at the male, who wiped his hand down on his shirt. "Now, Glenn told me that y'all came back for me, and listed certain names. Why weren't you in that list, Klo-Klo? I thought you were too nice to leave someone on a rooftop to die."

"I was going to go with them, Merle. I was. But I stayed to defend the camp, and just as well I did," she answered truthfully. "Walkers overran the camp, and barely anyone survived."

"I barely survived, Klo-Klo. I was bleeding out while y'all had your beauty sleep. Why would you do that, Klo? Why would you leave a poor man on a rooftop who was begging for his life, huh?"

Kloe kept her lips sealed. She didn't know the answer to that question. She continued to glare at the man as she kept quiet, making Merle laugh and shake his head.

"Maybe you're not so kind-hearted after all, huh?" Merle chuckled as he sat himself down on the wooden table in front of her. "You heard what I did to lover-boy in there when I asked him where your home is. Now, if you don't tell me where you live, I just might do the same to you."

Kloe remained slightly unfazed. Of course, she hated the idea of it, considering it was literal torture. She swallowed thickly as she stayed in silence.

"Tell me, Kloe," he demanded, the anger he once took out on her boyfriend was building back up within him. As she lightly shook her head for an answer, he stood up and bashed his hands against the wooden table with force, making her flinch. "Tell me!"

"What if I don't want to?" She managed to say, taking deep breaths through her nose. "After all, no matter what you do to me, you won't kill me." He smirked and raised his eyebrows. "Because if you do, you won't get your answer."

His smirk dropped, and his jaw clenched as he stared down at the woman. "Oh, really? You think so? Tell me something, Klo. If you saw what I just did to Glenny-boy in there," he gestured toward the wall, "you wouldn't want to mess with my temper. But, since you are doing just that, you're asking for it."

He lifted his knife for a hand, pressing it against her bottom lip. Her breath caught in her throat as she felt a strong stinging pain run through her lower lip. "Oh, yeah! You're gonna have one hell of a scar there, Klo-Klo. People might even think you look badass!"

She squeezed her eyes shut as she felt the hot liquid dribble down her chin. He pulled the knife away, making her open her eyes. He watched her with a smug grin, causing her to smirk. "If you really think that cutting my lip open is going to get you your answer, then you're more than wrong."

He tilted his head to the side. "Really, now? But you're a woman. Women ain't strong like men."

Kloe smirked, lifting her brows for a split second. "Wanna bet?" Merle chuckled, nodding his head before clenching his already bloodied fist, connecting it to her cheek.

Her head moved to the side, from the force, the pain immediately ringing through the side of her face. She breathed heavily out of her mouth, adjusting to the pain that she hadn't felt since she was seventeen.