𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2

Start from the beginning

Taehyung took your hand and looked at you after with a confused look, chuckling. "Don't you mean Jeon?" He asked, making you widen your eyes at your mistake. "Oh- Yes, I'm sorry. Still getting used to the married life." You said, chuckling along with him. You let him walk inside, watching him glance around the place as you closed the door and stood behind him. "I-um... I'm sorry for asking this but you're the bodyguard Park Jimin has. Why are you here?" You asked in confusion, tilting your head at him. "Well, your husband has a quite... important status. We can't risk his wife getting hurt in any way. There are people who can try and rob him, kidnap you, or even rape you." He stated, your eyes widening as you chuckled in slight disbelief. "I-I- You're talking as if he is some kind of mafia boss." You joked, a nervous smile on your lips. "No, not mafia boss. But his father's company works with some really serious people. And some of them have been known to do anything in order to get what they want. And when I say anything, I mean it." He said as he moved closer to you.

"So, under your husband's signature, I have been assigned to follow you and keep you safe at all times during the day while he is gone." He said, giving you a soft smile. "Wow, it seems he actually does care a tiny bit after all." You scoffed, turning and heading to the living room, Taehyung following behind as he let out a soft laugh at what you said. "Hey, Jungkook may look like a heartless and cold person, but he is an actual softie on the inside. He won't tell you verbally, but he will show it through actions instead." Taehyung explained, sighing as he took a seat beside you on the couch once you sat down. "And well, it's understandable that he would give you some cold treatment after what happened-" He cut himself off, shaking his head when you glanced at him before you could ask. "Don't listen to me. It's nothing. It's not my thing to share either." He chuckled, getting comfortable on the couch by taking his suit jacket off and sighing. "Anyways, what will we watch?" He asked, taking the controller for the TV. But you were still quite confused as to what he wanted to say. What he meant by what happened before you came along that made Jungkook the way he is today. You decided to shake it off, shrugging and leaning back on the couch.

Even if you asked, he wouldn't tell you anyways. "I don't know, a drama?" You suggested. He looked at you and handed you the control, "You know what? You choose the movie, I'll get some snacks." He said with a grin, getting up and heading off to get the snacks. You turned on the couch to face him, watching him as he entered the kitchen and began to gather drinks and snacks. "How do you know where everything is?" You asked softly, leaning your arms on the couch's backrest and leaning your chin on your arm after. Taehyung hummed, taking a bag of popcorn and placing it into the microwave to pop them. "Well, we used to hang out a lot before. Have dinner, movie nights, etc. You might not know this, but Jungkook, me, Jimin, and 4 more people are the greatest of friends. We know Jungkook since he was 15 years old." He explained. "Our families used to be great friends back in the day, they used to run a whole school together." He joked, the two of you sharing a laugh. "After our parents graduated and began their lives in solitary, meeting their respective partners and stuff, they reunited once we were all grown up, and we all became amazing friends. I was 18 when I met Jungkook for the first time." Taehyung said softly, a nostalgic smile on his lips.

"Tell me more about him and you guys." You said softly, feeling interested in their story and what Jungkook is like around other people. "Sorry to ask but... hasn't he told you? Like, you two are married and all." He said, taking the popcorn out of the microwave once it was done and pouring it into a bowl. He took the drinks, chips bags, and drinks and headed to you, a soft sigh escaping you as you grabbed some of the things and placed them on the coffee table to help him. "Well... Our marriage is an arranged marriage." You replied, smiling sadly at him. Taehyung took a seat beside you once more, humming in response. "No, I know that. But are you trying to say you two don't even know each other? At all?" He said in surprise. A soft nod was your response, making him lean back on the couch in disbelief. "Apart from the stuff that was written on his candidate paper like likes, dislikes, hobbies... Nothing else." You added. "Wow..." He muttered in shock, staring down at his as he assimilated everything.

"I tried getting to know him more trust me. Like, when we were on dates, I would ask him stuff or try to have a decent conversation but he would only pay attention to his phone, the people around him, or even the food." You said, sighing softly as you leaned back on the couch yourself. "It's not that I am being mean or anything, and I don't mean to say he doesn't care. But I feel like he truly doesn't care about the marriage in any way." You added, feeling your eyes water as you thought. "I for once thought that, maybe, even if we don't like or love each other that way, we could make the marriage a good experience, even if we aren't actually in love." A sniffle left you as you sat up and quickly wiped the tears that had fallen down your cheeks, sighing heavily. "My parents are an arranged marriage and they despise each other. And they despise me even more because I am a creation of their so-called 'love' which I don't even see in their relationship." Taehyung's hand went to your back, caressing it comfortingly up and down as he slowly sat up himself, humming in response to show you he was listening.

"Nobody knows how they truly act with each other, or with me. And when I was getting married to Jungkook, I feared this most. I feared having the same relationship my parents have, with him. But I guess it was all meant to be after all." You chuckled sarcastically, sniffling once more and looking at him shyly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to open up like that. We barely know each other and here I am laying my burdens on you." You said with a giggle, wiping your eyes and cheeks. "Hey, you're married to Jungkook. And even if it is an arranged marriage with no love, that still makes you his wife. This means you're already family and will be even after you get divorced." He replied, caressing your hair and patting your shoulder softly. "I am sure Jungkook will come to terms. I cannot indulge much in it since it isn't my story to tell, but something happened a few years ago that made Jungkook step back and close off his feelings. He even got cold with us when it happened. He was closed off in his home, only focused on working, didn't even speak to his family either." He sighed softly.

He grabbed a few popcorn and ate some, smiling at you after. "Give him time and he'll be all nice and caring. If he bothers you too much, just tell me and I will fix him in a second." He chuckled, making you giggle and nod in response. "Thank you." You replied. "Anything for my sister-in-law." He joked, nudging you with his elbow slightly as you blushed.