Happy Birthday, Eddie! - Part 2

Începe de la început

"And of course, this doesn't have communication enabled because you know what? Why would it? If I had my phone-" I was going to tell Brooklynn to shut her mouth but something surprising happened. Darius, (who is normally really calm) shouted, "ENOUGH ALREADY! There are bigger things going on here than your phone!"

Brooklynn looked really sad. So sad that I knew that she wouldn't bring up the subject of the phone. At least for a while.

 At least for a while

Then the tablet started beeping, "There's a map program with little moving dots on it." Brooklynn stated, looking up."They chip all the dinosaurs electronically to track them. See? There's us." Darius said pointing to the red blinking dot. "And there's-" Darius touched something and something popped up saying Brachiosaurus, with lots of red dots. Kenji frowned and said while indicating an area on the map, "Wait. Here's the Brachiosaurus Grove on the map, so why are the Brachiosauruses way over there?" "I think maybe the fences are down, at least some of them," Darius said sadly.

Before Darius could say anything else, Bumpy started squealing. Ben quickly jumped out of the van and tried to make Bumpy quiet. A loud rumbling came from the trees ahead. "Guys? Something's coming this way!" Ben exclaimed anxiously.

Brooklynn pointed out that whatever that was, wasn't showing up on the map. Bumpy started bellowing loudly while Ben was trying to shush her. I walked over to him saying, "Ben, shut her up!" Suddenly we heard a piercing roar. "We gotta go now!!!" Darius shouted. We all strapped in our seatbelts while Ben and Bumpy jumped in the van and shut the door. Ben strapped in beside me, while Bumpy was on the floor next to Kenji.

We all sat there for a moment until Darius asked, "Wait! Doesn't anyone know how to drive a van?!"

"No, but we drove gyrospheres, right? It can't be that different." Sammy said nervously.

"The gyrospheres had joy sticks and a Jimmy Fallon tutorial. I don't even have my learner's permit!" Ben said loudly. In fact, I didn't think anyone had a permit until Kenji said, "I do!" and jumped to the wheel. "Hands at ten and two-"

-"Kenji!"

-"Go!"

-"Quickly!!!"

Under pressure, Kenji slammed the pedal, but we ended up going backwards. Ben went sideways and bumped into me, putting his hand on my arm. I looked at him, not sure of what to think. Before I could think things through,

Ben shouted, "Wrong way! Wrong way!" Kenji fixed the gear and we sped off, just as the Indominus Rex emerged from the trees. The Indominus ran faster, gaining the van. "It's gaining! Go faster!" Yelled Sammy into Kenji's ear.

"I can't!" Screamed Kenji

"You're in the wrong gear!" I shouted. Ugh! Who made Kenji drive? If you call that driving. We all screamed as the Indominus was getting closer... and closer.

 and closer

-"It's coming!"

-"Step on that thing!"

-"Zig Zag!!!"

-"Are you signalling?!!!"

"Can everyone NOT yell at me while I'm saving our lives?!" Kenji yelled. And yes, he was signalling.

The Indominus' head was right up to the window. As it roared, its saliva splattered on the window.

I moved quickly and got to Kenji, grabbing the steering wheel and turning it

I moved quickly and got to Kenji, grabbing the steering wheel and turning it. "Drive!" I yelled. We zoomed right past the Indominus and off the cliff! We landed on the slope, screaming for our lives. (If that makes sense). Kenji got control of the wheel and dodged trees until we sloped down the hill and stopped in the middle of the road. Surprisingly, all right.

"At least we lost Indominus," Brooklynn spoke while panting. "Now... where do we go?" I asked no one in particular. "How about into the Genetics lab?" Ben said, pointing to the Genetics lab. We all started at Ben, astonished.

"It's a gift."