Vol. 2 Chapter 14: Lurking shadow

I opened my eyes, and I saw an unfamiliar wooden ceiling. I can't remember what happened. I was in a daze. The room temperature was quite comfortable, not too hot nor too cold. It can be called perfect.

"Good morning, Lady Charlotte." Then someone called me out. I looked at her. She was not a familiar woman, but she was wearing a maid's clothes. Did I know her?

"Umm? Where am I? Is this the... (Charlotte)

I look around in my surroundings as my curiosity grows. This place is unfamiliar to me. Though, by its looks, it could be inferred that this is a luxury place or a mansion.

"You're in the Oriental Laffan, the current property of Young Master Liam. You were bought by the head maid last night."

Headmaid? Oriental Laffan? Lia... Liam?! I jolted awake and immediately sobered up in my half-sleep state.

"Why am I here?!" (Charlotte)

"As I said earlier, you were bought by the headmaid last night."

"You're?." (Charlotte)

"I am Rose, a maid of Young Master Liam." (Rose)

"Rose huh?." (Charlotte)

"Yes." (Rose)

Never knew there's another rose here like in our order. She is red haired, Petite woman, she's around... As tall as me. She's looks pretty normal.

"Umm, where's Liam? Oh, wait! What happened last night! We are attacked right?! How that woman managed to escape them?!." (Charlotte)

But the maid tilted her head as if wondering. "I believe you lost consciousness that night, Lady Charlotte, which is why the head maid brought you here."

"Huh? We are being forcefully teleported and surrounded by..." (Charlotte)

"By what, Lady Charlotte?" (Rose)

Is that a dream? No, it can't be, it's indeed happened. We are surrounded. She even has that armor that I can't explain but is very powerful.

"It seems my Young Master is already here." (Rose)

"Eh? Liam." (Charlotte)

Then the door was politely knocked, which made me stiffen. I felt my head was drained with blood. I am frozen stiff right now. The door was slowly opened and I saw him with a fruit basket.

"Zup, morning." (Liam)

He nonchalantly talked as if nothing happened last night as I remembered it, making me so embarrassed that I promptly looked down to hide my face.

"Why are you here?" (Charlotte)

"Obviously, this is my property." (Liam)

"No... That's not it." (Charlotte)

He looked at me dubiously, as if saying, what are you talking about? While he indeed said something obviously, sometimes I can't tell if Liam is an idiot or not.

"Nah, that was a joke. I want to simply go on talking with you alone..." (Liam)

He lowered his voice at the end of the line, then shifted his view to Rose, where she immediately bowed and left.

"How's your body?." (Liam)

"It's alright." (Charlotte)

"Then, let's get straight to the point." (Liam)

Eh? What is he talking about?

As if answering my questions. Liam bought something like a stick inscribed with magic runes, then something like a Mana gate appeared out of nowhere. It's incredible. It doesn't even have structures like in ancient ruins, but he could call forth a gate.