Vol. 1 Chapter 24: Extermination

In the last day of our stay in Palt, the heroes and knights with the cooperation of hired caravan guards of sistiene began to carried out extermination of any bandits or monster den in the surrounding.

The rate of our clearing mission is quite fast, at least 12 bandit and monster den was annihilated within 5 hours of our hunt. Also, either it's from the heroes whim or knights. I'm here escorting them in the middle of nowhere.

"Umm? Why I'm here on the first place?." (Liam)

I asked the sage on my side.

"Nothing particular, it's one of Amelia's whims." (Charlotte)

"The hero huh?." (Liam)

Well she got a point, no one really will go against the hero.

"Just stay put, and you might get off guard." (Charlotte)

The hell it is, the hell you're talking about? I let out an exasperated sigh, I thought Charlotte is reasonable, but I guess it's not huh? She fell from my favor points 93 down to 50 because she is ridiculous as fuck.

"You're really same as the hero.... You guys literally in every single engagement, are capable of one hit delete your enemies...." (Liam)

In every encounter, either the hero will going to slash the hideout of targets into oblivion or Charlotte blowing up them with mini-nuclear explosion. The battles only lasted less than 10 seconds, and the only reason why we are stagnated because we yet to find the hideouts before letting the sage and hero obliterate them into smithereens. Though, I could use my satellites to locate them. But it would be way too suspicious, so it's a no.

"Come to think of it. You're training your knights right? Wouldn't be nice to have them handle it to get learn some experience?." (Liam)

"Hmm? You're right, but it's slow and inefficient. We don't have time to play here and we need to exterminate all the threats to the town as fast as possible before we depart here, so maybe later?." (Charlotte)

"I see." (Liam)

She got a point, but still is sounds too whack to say.

"Or perhaps you felt useless here and want to rampage there?." (Charlotte)

"Not really, I'm not much of a battle junkie." (Liam)

Kinda, but not quite. I don't want to engage in unnecessary battle if possible. If the knights and heroes could do the job, then why not? Leave them go frenzy as is.

"You have a nicer personality than the hero." (Charlotte)

"Is that so? The hero being childish sometimes is really a pain right?." (Liam)

Charlotte paused for a minute before answering me.

"Because she is a child." (Charlotte)

"Hmm? What?." (Liam)

Did I hear it wrong?

"She is still 13 years old, in the outside world time-wise." (Charlotte)

I've been stupefied. That? 13 years old?

"Ha? 13? Look at that knockers?! You gotta be kidding me?! Isn't that E-cup?!." (Liam)

"Knockers? E-cup? What's that? You have really some weird dialects." (Charlotte)

Charlotte look at me as if I am weird. Wait a minute? Didn't she said outside world time-wise?

"What do you mean timewise?." (Liam)

"We heroes and exceptional personage are being trained in a special tamed dungeon with a slower pace of time, as far as concerned. We stayed there for almost 7 years before going out but still 5 months outside world." (Charlotte)