Chapter 32

No one POV

On the 30th of November, the day of the full moon, Harry James Potter woke up an hour earlier than usual. He wrapped himself in his invisibility cloak and sneaked out of his dorms and common room. He made sure to be silent as he made his way to the room off requirements.

When he reached there, he pulled out his animagus guide book, and read the next instruction. After reading it carefully, he took the 'small crystal phial that received the pure rays of the moon' out of his pocket and put the salivated leaf in -what a relief to have that out of his mouth- and plucked one of his hair and put it in.

He also added whatever other ingredients were needed before calling for Bipsy, asking her to keep it in one of the unused but clean attics in the Potter manor.

Harry did the routine spell for the first time ever, before leaving for the Gryffindor common room. Ginny was sitting on the couch near the fire, chatting with Luna.

Luna spotted him and waved him over to join them.

"Hi Harry. Where were you?" Ginny asked curiously when he came over.

"Doing an activity which is considered highly illegal without adult supervision," Harry said casually, plopping down on another couch. Ginny choked on air whereas Luna simply raised an amused eyebrow. "Becoming an unregistered animagus," Harry said with a gentle and mischievous smile.

"Animagus?" Ginny asked, sounding surprised. Harry shrugged.

"Yeah, why not? We need to have as much advantage as possible in this inevitable upcoming war," He replied.

They sat in silence for a moment as Ginny looked conflicted about something. "You all haven't told me your past identities, none of you, " She finally spoke up. Harry and Luna exchanged a glance and Luna then replied.

"We'll wait for the other three and discuss it together."

*Time skip*

That evening, luckily for Harry, there was an electric storm. Time to attempt the transformation.

Harry made a hurried excuse to his friends, given they all were sitting with Fred and George. As he exited the common room hurriedly, sunset around the corner, he failed to notice the horrified looks his other housemates were giving him.

"It's full moon tonight!" Lavender shrieked as soon as the portrait hole closed.

"Then is our theory correct? Is Potter really a werewolf?" Parvati joined in. Seeing the looks on everyone's faces, Hermione, Ron, Neville and Luna barely managed to keep their composure, trying very hard to hold in their laughter.

Ginny still looked a bit unsure if either Harry or (recently as she had learnt) Salazar were a werewolf. She locked eyes with Hermione, who subtly shook her head, answering the unasked question.

The twins on the other hand, were carefully observing the group of friends, sensing their hidden amusement. They took that as confirmation that the theory was just a rumor. At least as far as the friends knew.

In the meanwhile, the entire common room was in a state of panic.

Harry POV

I left for the Chamber of Secrets, my safe haven. When I reached Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, I made sure that no one, including the ghost, was there. I might over to the sink and hissed it open. It was urgent, so I decided to slide down instead of calling for the stairs. I vanished the dirt off his clothes after reaching the bottom and entered my personal chamber, which was fortunately cleaner than the outside.

"Bipsy!" I called. She popped in with the potion.

"Here it is master. Bipsy knows you must drink it during electricity storm," She said. I smiled and thanked her. She popped away again.

It was blood red, just as the book had described. I put my wand to my heart and  chanted the incantation as instructed by the guide book and gulped the potion down in one go. I let go of the vial and my wand as extreme pain, not too different from the cruciatus curse, filled my entire being, making me fall to the ground. As I writhed in agony, I felt not one but two heartbeats.

Slowly, the pain subsided and I was breathing hard as an image suddenly flashed in my mind. The animal into which I will shortly be able to transform.

I took in a deep calming breath and relaxed my body as the transformation began.

My feet started changing into hooves, so did my hands. My body began to grow and change, skin turning black. I began to sprout two leathery black wings. I looked rather thin and skeletal. I slowly walked to the ornate mirror near the wall, but couldn't not see either boys I was accustomed to seeing in the mirror. Instead, I saw a thestral.

I thought I might have passed for a real thestral if not for my unusually bright green eyes.

I practice walking and running around in this new body before I transform back into Harry.

No one POV

As Harry transformed back and slumped down in a chair, his eyes fell on the dirt and cobwebs at the corner he was facing and he grimaced, remembering the condition of the outside part. Seems like he needed to do an all-night cleaning tonight.

He got up and cleaned his personal chamber first, along with the cupboards and other attachments. After that he worked on the entrance cave, fixing it in the process. He got vaguely distracted as he remembered the these fallen rocks were what destroyed Lockhart's already non-existant brain, and stumbled on a rock, ripping his robes and making a cut on his arm.

He swore and healed the cut, ignoring the blood and rips, deciding he'll deal with them later.

Four hours later, the chamber was presentable again. Harry slowly walked to his bedroom and fell onto his bed with the sheer exhaustion of his first transformation and was asleep almost immediately.

~ All hail the Queen of Evil, that is me of course. No doubt at all, is there? I hope not. Or I'll give more proof of my evilness.

Hope you enjoyed. Point out any mistakes or plotholes. I have found some during pre-publishing reading and corrected them.

Also, who do you think would make a good Regulus Black reincarnate?

1. Cedric Diggory

2. Theodore Nott

3. Ernie Macmillan

4. Micheal Corner

5. Dean Thomas

6. OC from Beauxbatons

7. OC from Durmstrang

8. Others

Signing off~