Chapter 25

No one POV

'Murder is illegal,' Harry had to remind himself whenever he thought about Dumbledore using Legilimency on him for the past two years even without his knowledge. They reached the gargoyles guarding the headmaster office and McGonagall said the password, "Cockroach clusters". The gargoyles jumped to the side and made way for the Professor and the undercover founder.

"Enter," They heard Dumbledore say from the other side of the door and opened the door. "Ah, thank you Minerva. You may leave," he said, his eyes twinkling.

"Mr. Potter requested the presence of his head of house for this meeting, so I shall be staying," Minerva said firmly. Dumbledore ignored her and turned to Harry.

"Harry, my boy, would you like a lemon drop?" He asked in his grandfatherly tone.

"No, thank you Headmaster. I'd rather not consume calming draughts," Harry said politely, though what he had said was far from polite. McGonagall snorted at his tone before processing what he said and glared at Dumbledore.

Dumbledore faltered for a moment before gathering himself back up. "I heard that you threatened a professor and invaded his mind without his permission?"

"I threatened him because he was about to reveal some private information that the person who the information concerns wouldn't want revealed. As for invading someone's mind without permission, students learn what their professors and headmaster teach them, don't they headmaster?" Harry shot back, looking completely innocent. Dumbledore paled drastically. He hadn't seen that one coming. He had just wanted to make sure that Harry did not choose the wrong path without him even knowing, but he realized that had been the wrong thing to do. Minerva's glare grew harder at that statement. She understood what Harry was trying to say and realized why he required her presence. She vowed to herself that she would always be there if the headmaster had to speak with any of her cubs and would also inform the other heads of houses.

Dumbledore quickly composed himself before dismissing Harry. McGonagall followed him out.

"Harry, how did you protect your mind from Dumbledore? He is a master at legilimency." Minerva asked one of her favourite lions.

"I practiced all summer and have studied a few advanced runes that would protect my mind from attack," Harry replied.

"Alright Harry, I hope you have a pleasant day."

Harry reached the Gryffindor common room entrance. The fat lady had been restored as Bellatrix had been caught and the dementors were withdrawn from the school.

"Kinship," Harry said and the portrait swung open. His friends were waiting for him at their favourite table near the fire. Neville spotted him first.

"Harry! There you are. Everything alright?" He asked. People turned their heads towards him and were still gossiping about the DADA class.

"I am fine. Though we must leave for charms in a couple of minutes," Harry said, plopping on the couch beside Ron. Crookshanks jumped onto his lap and began purring. Harry scratched him behind the ears.

"What did Dumbledore want?" Hermione asked.

"Just asking why I threatened a teacher and entered his mind without permission. My replies left the headmaster speechless though. It is going to be one of my patronus memories," Harry said quietly with a chuckle.

"Show us the memory later, will ya?" Neville said and grabbed his bag, preparing to leave for the next class.

"Sure," Harry replied and went up the stairs to his dorms, deposited his Defense books and grabbed his charms and ancient runes books.

The quartet left the common room with the rest of the third year Gryffindors and headed towards the charms classroom along with the all the other three houses. Professor Flitwick was waiting for them.

"Finite or Finite incantatem is a simple counter-curse, which every witch and wizard must know. It can cancel basic enchantments and curses cast upon yourself or an object," Professor Flitwick began once everyone had settled down. He showed them the wand movement along with the incantation. He gave each of them a box with monitoring charms on them to cancel. The three founders didn't bother opening their mouths and just waved their wands lazily, canceling the jinx out. They raised their hands to inform the tiny professor of having completed their task.

"Well done, Mr Potter, Miss Granger, Mr Longbottom. Thirty points to Gryffindor," He praised. Once he turned around, Harry and Hermione shot playful glares at Neville who looked smug and satisfied.

"Well, I repeat that it is not my fault that you two are in Gryffindor. Go to the Headmaster if you want to get resorted," Neville teased. The other two rolled their eyes before separating to help their classmates. Neville helped Ron, Seamus and Dean. Hermione helped Hannah Abott, Susan Bones and Ernie Macmillan. Harry helped Vincent Crabbe, Greggory Goyle and Millicent Bulstrode. Well, it seemed that even after a millenium, the Gryffindor and Slytherin founders were very selective of the students they taught.

While doing so, they suddenly had an idea. Well, Hermione had one.

"Guys," she whisper-yelled once they had helped a handful of students. The two boys came back to her and listened. "How about we ask Luna to shift up by an year by clearing the second year exams. She must be bored as hell among twelve year olds without us around."

"You're right Rena. We should talk to Puff," Neville agreed and Harry nodded too.

"Remember the mind connection we established a couple of months before I died?" Harry whispered, looking around.

"Yeah. We should probably re-establish the link so we can talk any time we want," Neville responded and they closed their eyes and began concentrating hard on the dormant link. About five minutes later, they felt each other's presence in their minds.

'Can you hear me?' Harry thought to them.

'Yes,' Neville thought back.

'This is great,' Hermione's excited squeal sounded inside their heads.

'So you guys activated the connection?' Luna's voice came out of nowhere.

'Hey Puff. Nice to think to you,' Neville thought back.

They conversed for a while and decided to meet at the Room of Requirements after their classes to discuss Hermione's idea.

~Hi guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter. And 15.5K reads was not something I was expecting for my first story anytime within five years of publishing! It's been less than an year though. Thank you very much.

Signing off~