Chapter 26

No one POV

(Monday- 15 November)

They discussed Hermione's idea of moving Luna up an year and Luna had agreed. She talked to Professor Flitwick, who talked to the other Heads of Houses and the Headmaster and got her second year exam papers. According to the rule book of Hogwarts, those that move up an year, they need to get re-sorted. Luna finished all her exams before the weekend and had passed them all with straight O's. 

It was during the supper on Saturday that Dumbledore stood up to make the announcement.

"A very good evening to everyone. I would like to announce that one of our second year Ravenclaws, Luna Lovegood, has cleared her second year exams with the request to move to her third year. According to the Hogwarts rule book, any student moving forward in one or more years will have to get sorted again. So Miss Lovegood, please step up so we get you sorted."

Luna confidently got up from the Ravenclaw table and walked up to the head table with grace. Professor McGonagall stood up and summoned the sorting hat and the stool. Every student was watching with attention. Luna sat on the stool and placed the hat on her head.

'Ah! Hello there Helga. Welcome back,' The hat thought to her.

'Hello dear hat. I hope you are doing well,' Luna/Helga replied.

'Oh, yes. Now, where do you wish to go? Ravenclaw since that's where you went, Hufflepuff because you are Helga, or Gryffindor with your other friends?' The hat asked.

'Ah well, I think I'll go to... Gryffindor,' Luna replied.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Luna got up from the stool and walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat in between Hermione and Neville who were clapping for her with many others. Meanwhile, a house-elf collected and delivered all of Luna's belongings to the Gryffindor third-year dorms.

"Well done Puff. Now any point any of us will gain will benefit my house," Neville teased in a low voice but earned himself a slap on the back of his head from Hermione anyways.

"So all four together now, huh?" Ron murmured to the four who nodded. "If I hang out around you as often as I did, I will feel stupid," He muttered. The four snorted and Neville patted his back sympathetically.

"Harry, how is the dementor repellent coming?" Luna asked. 

"Good enough. I think it will be ready around Yule," He replied.

"And the potion you are working on, but not telling us?" Neville enquired.

"I am hoping to finish it before Easter break. I won't tell you what it is till it is finished," Harry declared.

The four had their meals and excused themselves on the pretense of going to their dorms, but once in the Common Room, they went to the heir suite which opened for Harry. 

"So any ideas on where, when and whom we should teach to cast a Patronus, even if the dementors have been withdrawn?" Harry asked.

"Well, you might not have noticed, but we are yet to master the charm. That leaves only you to teach everyone," Neville reminded Harry.

"Alright, why don't you all have another go? I believe that you guys can succeed," Harry encouraged the others. The three pulled out their wand from a thousand years ago.

Neville tried first and managed a non-corporeal shield of sorts. Hermione went next but produced a very weak shield. Seems like her memory wasn't strong enough.

Luna went last. She produced a patronus. A corporeal panther.

Harry quickly pulled out his book on what the animals meant and found what he was looking for.

"Here guys, listen up. 'The panther symbolizes courage, valor and power. If the panther is your power animal, you are blessed with a fierce guardian. The panther totem animal encourages us to understand the power within the shadows and to acknowledge these powers to help eliminate our fear of the dark and unknown.' That is very much like you, Helga," He said. 

"Cool, Puff. Now I will be trying much harder in order to leave Rowena behind," Neville said with a teasing smile on his face, directed towards Hermione.

"In. Your. Dreams, Godric Gryffindor. In your dreams. I will succeed before you," She said in a dangerous voice, her eyes narrowed, like she always does whenever someone challenges her or questions her abilities.

"Chill, 'Mione. No need to chew him alive," Harry said, stepping in between the two to protect his best friend from his sister-in-all-but-blood, trying to pacify her.

She glared at him for a moment before taking in a deep breath and huffing, before opening her book to continue her research on Merlin-knows-what.

"Anyways guys, I got a letter from Sirius this morning... Bellatrix Lestrange is scheduled to be thrown through the veil of death in the Department of mysteries tomorrow at noon," Harry told the other three. A wide grin was etched across Neville's face at the news. Harry was worried for a moment that his face might split into two.

"That's great!" Neville exclaimed.

"I don't really care, but isn't she the last of the Lestranges? Who will inherit the wealth and power?" Hermione asked.

"Sirius, because Bellatrix was a Black by birth and Sirius is the Lord Black. That makes me the heir I suppose and I can look for any possible Horcruxes in her vault I guess," Harry shrugged and went back to reading his book on 'dark' potions.

"Cool!" Neville said and went to plan his first prank in his new life. Hogwarts was in for a surprise. A huge surprise.

They completed all they wanted to do before bidding each other goodbye and went to their respective dorms, Luna sharing with Hermione, Lavender and Parvati.

~Hi. Sorry I am late. I am travelling rn. Hope you enjoy! Thank you so much for 17.8k reads.

Signing off~