Chapter 2

It was lunch and I was sitting next to my friends, staring blankly at the table.

"Are you ok??" My best friend, Hanna, had asked.

I looked up at her blankly, unable to speak.

"What the hell is going on with you??" She asked. "You look like you've just seen a ghost."

"Not a ghost, the new kid." A girl at the end of the table answered. It was Taylor, the annoying little brat.

"Ohhhhhh....do you like him?!" Hanna pretty much shouted in my face.

I covered my hand over her mouth but she licked it. "Ew!!" I yelled and half the room started staring at us.

"Go back to your sick lunch!" Hanna yelled at them all.

"No, I don't like him but...his name is Percy Jackson..." I said quietly.

Hanna cracked up. "You sure you heard the teacher right?? I think you're becoming to obsessed!"

Maybe she was right. Maybe I had heard what I wanted to hear. But he looked just like I had thought he would. He had clearly said that he goes to a summer camp but that could just be a stupid math camp or something.

It was last call (which is when the dean says you can get up and get what you need from the kitchen, seconds a fork and stuff) so I got up and walked to get my food since the line was always to long when you first get into the lunch room.

I got my food and turned around, bumping into someone. My whole lunch tray fell all over my clothes.

"Oh my gods, I'm so sorry." It was the new kid, of course.

I sighed heavy, not knowing what to say.

"Uh, hey," He grabbed a napkin. "Let me help you with that."

I then realized I was WEARING my food.

"Oh thanks." He handed them to me and I tried to get the sauce out but it just stained.

"Oh here." He took his jacket off and handed it to me. "Just keep it for now."

I froze and took the jacket from his hand and put it on. "Um...thanks."

"I didn't catch your name." The new kid stopped me from leaving yet.

"Oh, Kylie," I answered.

"My name is Percy Jackson." He smiled and then walked away. "Catch you later!"

I quickly walked back to my table. Hanna looked over at me. "You didn't come back with food, You came back with a new jacket."

I nodded. "The uh new kid bumped into me and got my clothes all messed up."

Hanna's eyes widened. "I can go kick his-"

"No no, he gave me his jacket cause he felt bad."

"Yeah!! His name is Percy Jackson!!" Taylor yelled, once again, down the table.

"Shut up Taylor!!" Me and Hanna yelled back.

~~~~~

Finally, the first day of school was over, only 179 more to go. Great.

That's when I was skating home when I heard voices.

"She knows who you are!!" A voice yelled at someone. It was male.

"Come on, let me take over this one, she knows," this one was someone else.

"Leave me alone guys, and besides, I have to get my jacket back." It was Percy's.

My eyes widened. The voices came from behind a fence. But I didn't care, I took off running.

This is like what happened to Percy in the first book where Chiron and Grover were talking about Percy behind his back, talking about the demon teacher that Percy killed. But what about me?? They were talking about me!!

I just shook my head at the thought. It was a coincidence, it had to be a fangirl with a husband who had his last name Jackson. That's what I would do when I get older so I couldn't name my son Percy, like, it's a fangirl thing. Duh.

I went home and sat on my bed and looked over at my book self. "Just a really cool coincidence. A son of a fangirl, of course it is." I told myself, even though I sounded crazy talking to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks later and I did my best by staying away from Percy. He hung out with a bunch of people, friends with everyone kind of dude but I kept my distance from the dude, focusing on work and my real friends.

Me and Hanna were sitting outside the school waiting for homeroom to start.

"You know, I know someone that would like you a lot." Hanna said, looking up at the tree above us.

I was reading a book for class which was always boring but this one was alright.

"Uh? Oh who?" I said while still reading the last page of this one chapter.

"You know that kid that hangs with Percy Jackson? Tyler Grey? He's pretty cute, you would like him. He's in my science class." She explained, nodding her head in his direction.

"Oh, he's pretty annoying though. He's in my second period." I said sadly.

See, Percy was a very popular guy. It annoyed me a lot.

"You know, you're being very quiet." Hanna said tapping me on the shoulder.

"Am not."

"Yeah you are."

"No."

"Yerp."

"Nope."

"Yes!"

"No I'm not! I'm freaking reading! Gods dam it!" I rolled my eyes and closed my book.

"Now your not quiet, you're just being mean to your Jewish friend." Hanna pouted. (That's for my friend Rachael lol)

"It has nothing with you being Jewish!" I protested, putting my book in my bag, getting ready for the bell to ring.

"Whatever! I'm Jewish anyway! You're being a jewbag!" Hanna yelled and the circle of people around the tree behind us was staring.

"Would you shhhhh!!!" I punched her lightly in the arm. "I'm not being a jewbag! Holy Styx!"

Hanna looked at me for a second. "Stop talking fangirl shit."

I gasped. "Never."

"Never say never in never land!" My new friend, Isabella, came skipping over to us.

"Go. Away." Hanna muttered.

"No."

"Yes."

"Nope."

"HOLY CRAP WE ALREADY WENT THROUGH THIS STYX NOW SHUT UP!" I yelled at them both. "I JUST WANTED TO READ HERE!"

Now everyone stared at us.

"I TURNED INTO A FISH AND I HAD FUN!" This weirdo across the school yard yelled.