Chapter 4 - A New Friend

"Ok there! We're done!" Gon enthusiastically said after he finished wrapping the bandages around my hand.

"Thanks, Gon." I replied with a smile.

My eyes fell upon my neatly bandaged hand, well in all honesty, I did kind of feel troubled that Gon offered to help tend to my wound because this was something I can heal. But then again, it's best if I don't use it for now.

Sitting in front of the spiky haired boy, I watched amused as the young boy carefully put the leftover bandages, disinfectant and and other tools back into the first aid kit. Just how did I end up in this situation?

~Flashback~

30 minutes ago

"Kon! Look after Alice."

"Rawr!"

I stared at the young boy running off and disappearing into the bushes.. Moments earlier, Gon had noticed my injured hand. He kept on insisting to treat my wound to which I had to eventually give in. He said he was going to get something to help treat my wound.

Not even 5 minutes had passed when I saw Gon re-emerging out of the dense bushes carrying a first aid kit, some clothes and a towel.

"You should dry yourself with this," Gon said as he handed me the towel. "And.." he added. "You should get changed into these..."

I directed my gaze at a set of clothes neatly folded that was set on the ground.

"Whose are these?" I inquired as I picked up a sleeveless white shirt from the pile.

"Ah sorry, I don't really have anything else, Mito-san's clothes were probably too big on you, so I guess you have to work with my clothes for now." Gon said scratching his head as he chuckled awkwardly.

I placed a hand on Gon's shoulder while offering a smile, "Don't worry about it kid, this will do."

"Kid? Aren't we the same age?" Gon asked, tilting his head to the side.

'Oops. I forgot I was around the same age physically cause' I've lived for pretty long now.. but then again, he does still look younger than me.'

"Well you certainly look younger than me."

"Then how old are you?" The young boy asked.

"Me? I'm 12, January 21st." I said pointing at myself. "You?"

"May 5th..." the spiky haired boy muttered. Putting his finger to his chin he continued, "But we're not even that far apart?"

"Haha! You said were the same age? You're barely 12!" I teased.

"Hey! So aren't you! It's not even pass your birthday yet!" Gon argued.

The both us let out a hearty laughter, I glanced at the young boy, his character reminding me of a familiar. I couldn't resist placing my hand on top of his spiky hair and giving it a pat to which the boy gave me a confused stare.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh it's nothing.." I said as I retreated my hands.

"It's just... You remind me of someone I lost. I'm just glad to see her character in you, it's as if she's still here with me."

The boy raised a brow, "You lost someone?" He asked.

"Yeah, she was someone I extremely adored, but then I was abruptly separated from her..."

I paused.

"Ah sorry, I didn't mean to get all sappy." I said, as I quickly turned away.

'God, what am I doing? I just met him and I'm already spilling out my past. Why am I even talking about something like this to a child?'