"But Coreyyy," she began, drawing out his name, "You know we need clothes as well, and Terra and I are practically the same size... so it's really not a big deal!"

     The blonde male's expression softened. Nobody could stay angry at Lily's puppy eyes. It was a trick she'd perfected in first grade, and she always used it to get her way, no matter the price others had to pay. That's just who she was.

"Alright, I forgive you. But no more, alright? Next time you go on a raid, bring back food. I mean it," he said, before hugging the girl.

    Terra rolled her eyes at the display. Her sister had Corey wrapped around her finger, but it wouldn't last. Soon Lily would find another male to be obsessed with, just like she was obsessed with Kieran before Corey showed up.

"So how was the trip, Terri?" Kieran asked, purposely changing the subject. He and Terra had been friends for years, and he knew that she was uncomfortable about the way her sister acted.

"Oh, it was pretty uneventful until Lily here decided to make a very big noise about some fancy shoes, and got the attention of an alien. One that looked like a shark, but green and scaly all over, and with legs," she replied, shuddering at the thought.

"And don't call me 'Terri,'" she added irritably. She couldn't stand that nickname.

"A shark-beast? But... But I thought that the aliens only took the forms of land creatures," the Irish boy said, sounding confused. He'd seen all kinds of aliens in the mutilated shape of Earth animals, but all of them had been land animals.

"Well, I guess not. C'mon, we'd better move these supplies," Terra sighed. The four of them each grabbed a few things from the pile of food, and walked over to an old computer desk. The monitor was still there, its screen cracked and blank. The desk had drawers and cupboards that used to be filled with books, but now they held the supplies that the group needed to survive.

"Alright Terra, you're on lockup duty tonight," Corey instructed, once all the supplies were packed away.

"WHAT?!" she protested, "But I was on lockup last night! It's Lily's turn!"

"No arguing, Terri Werri," her sister smirked, before skipping off with Corey close behind her. Terra gritted her teeth, her hands clenching into fists.

"I'll help you, Terra," Kieran offered, walking with her to the library's main doors. Together they made sure the door handles were tied up, and a heavy oak desk was placed firmly in front of the doors.

    Terra thanked him, and he went and joined the other two survivors. She remained by the doors, sitting on a chair near a window. She looked outside at the reddish sky. It was always like that, even at night. The colour had changed about a week before the aliens arrived, and people believed the two events to be connected.

    A movement caught her eye. It was a boy with dark hair stumbling along the road, blood trickling from a wound in his head. He looked tired, like he'd been walking for a very long time, and he kept glancing around as if he was looking for something. Or someone.

"Guys... hey guys!" Terra called, and the other survivors rushed over to her. She pointed outside, at the boy, and everyone started speaking excitedly.

"-another human!"

"-better let him in..."

"-the aliens might kill him..."

"I'll get him," Terra spoke up, the others going quiet at her words.

"No way. I'm older, and more experienced, so I'll do it," Corey argued, and this started a whole new stream of talking.