Book Club Merger Announcement

🌻🌻

Hello Sunflowers! 

As briefly mentioned in the previous bloom, the Writing Circle will be merging with the Book Club, and the merger will begin in the upcoming bloom (Bloom 56, Bloom 75 in the Book Club). Instead of just one admin (me) there will also be general admin Aura and two comment checkers who run the Book Club (you will need to follow them).

Since our comment requirements operate a bit differently than theirs, Writing Circle members will be under "Advanced Sunflowers." For the most part, everything will operate as it does now: same comment requirements, you can go on extensions and hiatuses, etc. For more detail on the differences and how the Club will run, feel free to check out the 'How it Works' and 'Comments' chapter of the Book Club once the merger happens. Both the Writing Circle and Book Club have the same set of rules though (as in, three strikes before you're out, seven days to complete a bloom, etc.)

However, to make the Book of the Month fair between "Standard Sunflowers" and "Advanced Sunflowers" the comment requirements you have now will only apply to regular blooms. For the BotM, there will be one set of comment requirements for both Standard and Advanced Sunflowers. Unlike our BotM, in the BC, the BotM runs for the entire month (with blooms still taking place) and your selection for the next BotM is based on your comments on the previous Book of the Month -- not the point system as we use.

Since we know this might be a bit confusing, the upcoming bloom will be a trial run of sorts so we all get to see how the merger looks like. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to PM us or leave a comment. 

🌻🌻

Thank you and please comment "read" so we know you've read the announcement!