Intro

🌻

Our Mission

Here in the Sunflower Writing Circle, our mission is to have our members provide each other with high-quality levels of feedback and critique on their work. We wish to help members improve both their writing skills and reviewing skills. All genres and members are welcome here!

🌻

How It Works

Each week, a new assignment will be posted pairing up all of our members. Each member will read two chapters of their partner's book and provide detailed comments on each chapter. Our admin will then check the comments and assign point values. The person with the most points after four weeks will win Book of the Month, a special assignment in which every member reads two chapters of the winner's book. 

🌻

What You'll Get

Reviewing Experience - With our higher critique level or requirement, you'll be giving people quality feedback every week. As you do so, and also receive quality feedback in return, you'll learn more about reviewing and gain experience week by week.

Feedback/Reviews - Since you are required to give feedback, you'll get it in return. This is a great way to better your writing/story.

Reads/Comments/Votes - We do not require votes, but many might like your story and decide to vote for it! You're required to give your feedback in comments as well, so you should get many comments. Reads, of course, are implied because your partner is required to read your book.

Book of the Month (BotM) - If you give quality feedback and win the BotM, you'll have a whole week devoted to your story in which all the other members will read it and comment.

Follows - This is also not a requirement but many of the members follow each other!

🌻

The Admins

The admins for this project are:

Overall Admin: LinguisticsAddict

Comment Checker: GinaGreendale 

🌻

Discord

We have a Sunflower Community Discord. This is open to all members. Once accepted into the Writing Circle, the admin will offer the link to you if you'd like it. It is not required.

🌻

Other Sunflower Community Projects

If you're interested in a book club but feel that you are not ready for the level of critique required, you can practice your skills with Sunflower Book Club. This is a club similar in style, with weekly assignments, but fewer comments required. 

If you're interested in a book club that offers you more freedom on what to read and how often, check out our Sunflower Book Exchange. In this book exchange, we open every month with our member list. The members then get to ask for exchanges from each other at their own pace! Members get to ask for exchanges from books they find interesting and can accept or deny incoming requests at their discretion.

If you're looking for some writing inspiration, check out our Sunflower Contests, which offers monthly prompts for anyone to participate in. The winners get prizes each month.

🌻

If you're interested in applying for the Sunflower Writing Circle, please carefully read through the Glossary, How It Works and Comments chapters. Then you can apply using the form in the Form chapter. :)