How It Works

🌻

Process

-Every week on Monday, a new bloom (assignment) will be posted pairing up the members. 

-Each member will have to read two chapters of their partner's book (or one chapter of each book if they are in a group of three). 

-The members must leave comments on both chapters. There are no minimum comment requirements, but we are expecting a high level of critique. See the "Comments" chapter for more info on what this looks like.

-Remember to tag all of your comments with #SFWC.

-Each assignment will have a "Bloom Bonus." This is a particular topic (setting, tone, show vs. tell, etc) that members can count on for an extra point. If you do the Bloom Bonus, you must leave at least 3 sentences on the topic in EACH chapter. Separate the Bloom Bonus from your regular comments by marking them "Bloom Bonus" or "BB." They can be at the end of your final comment or submitted as a new comment.

-When finished, the member must comment inline next to their username in the assignment chapter. Comment "done" along with the chapters you've read of your partner's book. So an appropriate comment might read: "Done with ch. 3 and 4 of Book Title." 

-You must finish the assignment before the due date, which is Sundays at 11:59pm PT (that's Los Angeles time). Please use a time zone converter if you are unsure what time that is in your zone.

-The comment checker will then read through the comments and assign point values. More on points below!

🌻

Book of the Month

-Regular assignments will go for four weeks (one round).

-After four weeks, the member with the most points wins the Book of the Month.

-Every member must read two chapters of the Book of the Month, regardless of their content preferences.

-When the Book of the Month assignment is over, the winner will choose the member who left the best comments to receive extra points for the next round.

🌻

Points

-Each member can get up to four points each week.

-Members get 0-3 points for the comments they leave in the chapters. To get the full 3 points, you must leave adequate, in-depth comments and critique on BOTH chapters. 

-Members can get 0-1 points for the Bloom Bonus. To get the full point, you must leave at least 3 sentences on the topic in BOTH chapters.

-You can get 3 extra points for the next round if you are chosen as the member who left the best comments on the Book of the Month.

-We also award seniority points with the following breakdown. These points are added to your total each round. The first password is your favorite flower.

2-4 months in the Circle: 1 point

5-8 months in the Circle: 2 points

9+ months in the Circle: 3 points

🌻

Extensions, Hiatuses, and Strikes

-Extensions are granted when you cannot finish your assignment for some reason. You can have an extension for up to two weeks. During extension, you will not be paired up in new assignments until you finish your past assignment. Please PM this account to ask for an extension BEFORE the assignment is due.

-Hiatuses are granted when you have finished all of your assignments and you need a break from the Circle for some reason. You can have a hiatus for up to four weeks. After four weeks, you will be removed from the Circle. You are welcome to re-apply and rejoin whenever you have the time/desire to do so.

-Strikes are given when you do not complete an assignment and do not ask for an extension before the due date. You must complete the incomplete assignment before you are put back into the new assignments. Three strikes and you will be removed from the Circle.

-Strikes might also be given if you do not leave good critique/comments. We will first ask you to redo them. If you do not, a strike can be given.

🌻 

Permanent Pairings

-If you pair with someone who you would like to continue pairing with week after week, you can PM the account to notify them. Both members but have discussed this prior and be in agreement. 

-They will be paired together each week until they run out of chapters to read or request to be put back into the regular assignment rotation.

🌻 

Additional Rules

-We accept all kinds of genres and books, including poetry. However, all stories must adhere to Wattpad's content guidelines.

-Please follow the admins (LinguisticsAddict). They work hard to run this project! (comment checker TBD).

-Follow this account (SunflowerCommunity) and add this book to your library for important updates. 

-We do not tolerate bullying of any kind. Comments are to be helpful and respectful. 

-Similarly, if you are responding to comments and critiques left on your story, you must be respectful. Remember that the person commenting worked hard and spent their free time giving you critique. 

-If you need an extension or hiatus, please PM this account to let us know. This must be done BEFORE the assignment is due.

-Your book must have a minimum of 6 chapters of content (not including intros, aesthetics, etc).