Chapter 2: Prologue (2)

Start from the beginning

"That is indeed correct." The Goddess nodded, crossing her legs as she snapped her fingers, two cups of coffee appeared on the table. One of the cups was made of gold and decorated with diamonds, while another was a very plain white cup. As one could guess, the Goddess took the first cup and Enrique was given the second. "I heard you humans like to talk business over coffee?"

He would personally digress. Tea was better than coffee, so he preferred that. But he didn't find a need to say that here and accepted the cup.

"A question," Enrique asked as he took a sip. "Do you know where I came from?"

"Most possibly a parallel universe." The goddess replied. "From how calm you seem with all this, you are possibly familiar with the supernatural."

He actually was not. But since her answer wasn't- 'You are from planet earth, what do you mean?' and her first guess was he was from a parallel universe, it probably meant her guess was right and the situation he was facing wasn't happening in his world. Honestly, he would know of any hidden supernatural structure if it existed in his world, it would be weird if he didn't while being a top figure in the world. So it was more acceptable for him to know that it's a parallel reality.

However, he had to confirm exactly where he was at the moment. Just any random reality where Gods of Mythologies were real? Or were there any other alterations he could recognise?

"I am sorry but, can I confirm exactly how different of a timeline I am in? By asking a few questions."

The Goddess, gladly, didn't seem to mind that a mortal wanted to interrogate her. Enrique didn't have any experience dealing with Gods, so he had to be careful.

"Ask away." The deity said, taking a sip from her own cup.

"You do operate on Earth, right? If so, what is the current year, and what's the craziest thing that has happened recently?"

"The Year 2011, and the biggest hot news on the planet Earth is about Tony Stark becoming Ironman. The less known fact, but something that is equally more important is that- Odinson Thor had come down on earth. Though he is gone now." The Goddess replied calmly.

Though she was calm, Enrique Nova however lost his cool at that. He still maintained a stoic face on the outside, but his internal confusion had turned to panic.

Marvel. It was that shithole.

At least... it was the Cinematic Universe, from the looks of it. Though he couldn't be sure, it might have other elements too, he needed to be careful.

'Though going by her words, the timeline should just be after the first Thor movie.' Enrique thought. 'Hmm, can she not read my mind?'

It appeared she couldn't, or she would have reacted in some way to his thoughts. In any case, he decided to ask a few more questions.

"...Are there Mutants on earth?" He asked carefully.

"Oh, so is the reality you're from similar to this? That'd make things easier." The goddess nodded to herself. "Yes, Mutants do exist. Mutants, Meta Humans, Aliens, Gods, Cosmic Entities, and more."

Well that was a lot to take. So Enrique took a sip of his coffee. As expected, tea was better for these situations. In any case, from a logical viewpoint, this Goddess wasn't like those "ROB" he read about in third-class fanfictions. She was a usual Goddess, who's not all-powerful, and had summoned him here to become her avatar, not the usual troupe where main characters receive wishes before setting off to a life of bliss.

"I got the gist of it," Enrique replied, ignoring her question about his world. "Now about the offer you made before. Can you elaborate?"

The Goddess revealed a gentle smile. "Mortal child, I wish you to become my avatar. Avatars are mortals chosen by Gods to represent their authority in the mortal realm by using the powers lent to them by their said Gods. They are usually given a goal that they need to fulfil, and that's exactly what I have for you." Mut said, looking at him. "My Egyptian Pantheon is on the verge of collapsing. The other Pantheons are opposing us, and have made us miserable enough that we can't even freely make moves in the mortal realm."