Chapter 3

Tatiana

Baton Rouge

I started to walk to my first class, I had on something comfortable today. But yeah I made it to my first class and the Professor's name was Ms. Jackson. I'm sorry Ms. Jackson, whew. I sat down in the middle then I saw D2 walk in.

Damn, I should've known.

"Waddup li ma" D2 (Desmond) said.

"Heyy, and my bad that I didn't answer last night I was sleeping," I said.

"I figured. But yea ain't you a freshman in college?" He asked.

"Yeah, hbu"

"This my second year so Ima sophomore," He said being all cocky.

"Okay, that's cute," I said.

And just as he was about to say something the professor came in.

"Good morning class, today we will start off with a 3-page essay about how your first day here was. If you wanna peer up you could do it if not then don't" Ms. Jackson said.

Damn nigga 3 pages. Bet I got this shit bro.

"Wanna work together," D2 asked.

"Sure, I already knew you wanted to work together," I said.

"Dont be like that, but we could take this to ya dorm," He said as he got his stuff ready.

"Okay, but I usually go to the library," I said.

"Well, since you always go to the library we can walk past there and keep it pushing," He said.

Damn okay, but the whole concept was us sitting in the library.

"Bruh you missed the whole concept," I said laughing as we stood up and grabbed my bag.

"I'll hold it, mamas," he said raspily.

"Okay li daddy," I said just jocin'

"Dont make me act up," he said as we walked towards the library.

"So since I'm in a frat you should join a sorority" he suggested.

"I always wanted to but we can come back because I know my sister would want to sign up for one," I said as we walked out of the library.

"So tell me a li bout yourself that I don't know yet," he said.

"Well um Im from Philly. I was born In Norf Philly but my mom was bullshitting so I had to move out. Me and my sister are fraternal twins. But I'm the oldest by 2 hours. I had a li apartment back in Philly but after I grad, me and my sister gon to look for a li apartment for both of us. I used to work at a hospital but now Im here to get my doctoral degree" I said.

"Okay, that's wassup. That's actually good yall staying together" he said.

"Yea, but how about you," I asked.

"Not too much really. I used to be a big-time drug dealer, but I decided to change my life around, only halfway. But Im tryna to be a doctor because losing my mom really fucked me up. That's why I applied her to help my family, well the ones I love." He said.

"Awee I'm sorry about that, she is resting in peace. But that's really good. Im not gon say Im a good person because Im not" I said.

"Nah don't front and try to be someone you ain't"

"Oh, never Im always me but I can also control how I be/feel on the inside and how I be/feel on in outside," I said laughing.

"I like that, well we here," he said as he opened the door for me.

Awwww such a gentleman

"I'll follow you"

I started to walk to my dorm and realized that Jayda's ass never left.

"Hey, sis, who is this," I said as I walked in and saw her with some nigga.

"Girl this is Shaun from last night," she said as Desmond and Shaun dapped each other up.

"Ohhh," I said confused.

"Well Ima go change I'll be back," I said.

....

"Yall had to do that too," Jayda asked.

"Hell yeah, but we are both done," I said showing her my paper.

"We almost done just a few more sentences," Shaun said as he wrote his last few words.

Me and Desmond walked to my room.

"So wassup ma you got nigga or sum," Dez asked me.

Dez, Des, Desond is all the same person

"No, Im big time single" I said.

"Well now you not"

"Wym"

"You mine fuck you talking about," he said walking backward.

"Yea okay we'll see how long that'll last," I said.

"JAYDA!" I yelled.

"Let's go get them paper to sign the sorority teams," I said.

"alright bet.

...

After we signed the papers I went back to the dorm with Des and we took a li nap before our next class started which was in 2 hours.'