2nd year

Hermiones pov~

2nd year, back to the dusty castle that was ran by a also dusty man. 

i had told my parents, Wendell and Monica, that instead of them the couple from before would gather me. after my first year i never thought to tell them that i met my true parents, itd break them.

so as i sat with my orange cat, cookshacks, in the grass of my front yard i picked at pieces of the grass that my dad had missed the day before when mowing  the lawn, i smelt a familiar smell as it consumed the air. my heart raced as i took deep breaths to just smell the sweet scent. 

it was sweeter than a corner market full of ripe fruit but the more i breathed it in the more sour it became, like it was rotting. 

i could tell once my cat was hissing at something behind me it was my mother and father. 

i stood up, grabbing my trunk before turning to them, crookshakes sitting behind me, licking his paws.

without a hello or hug i started to walk down the neighborhood. they quickly followed behind not saying a word. unlike before a black limo waited for us, it was odd. i was a bit relaxed to know i wouldnt be walking miles again, but when the door opened and loud music bursted from out the limo with the smell of beer, i soon found that a walk would've been more pleasurable. 

the beer smelt of adam, that rotting smell, but the music was a reminder of eliksa as Madonna played. 

i hated it. 

knowing i had no choice i stepped into the limo, watching as eliksa stepped in after me, fixing her hood, and the. Adam as soon as she sat down. Finally crookshakes, who was hesitating to step in, jumped in and cwarled up in my lap.

The drive to the train station felt like hours. Hours of music blasting to the point my ears ached, hours of smelling sour beer untill my nose burned and i felt like i was being punched in the stomach.

As soon as i stepped into the parking lot my legs hurt and my knees felt buckled into place and i couldnt bend them.

I walked through the brick wall, ignoring eliska and Adam as well as i could untill adam grabbed my arm and i grunted.

"Be good, alright? Next thing we need is you getting expelled."

I yanked my arm back and kept walking, i didnt reply to him bcuz honestly I was tired of this already. 6 more years...or more.

I got on the train and sat with my friends, crookshakes laying at my feet, watching as that girl from before with the twins walked past, or cwarled past? She looked...different. Maybe just older. It has been 3 months.

Y/ns pov

HELL YEA ITS THE 2ND YEAR!

My cat basically died though...

BUT ITS 2ND YEAR!!! IM 12! BOOM! IMA BEEN A TEEN SOON!!

Just by that thought I started to dance around my bed, jumping off and squealing.

I think my squeal scared my dad..he ran in so fast i think my door almost broke! His hair was a mess and side parted, he had a kitchen knife in hand which made me laugh.

"Really, papa? That's the most dull knife we own."

"With a enough power im sure a spoon can stab through someone."

"Mmm, maybe." I shrugged and fall onto my knees infront of my dresser, getting out sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Its ur first day again, are you excited princess?"

"Mmm..yes, i am! Though can I pleasseeeee get a new cat!? Its for school!!"

"You know she was never a cat right?..."

"Well, yes.. But she was at times!! Too bad they took her for killing that man." I pressed my lips together and sighed.

"She will be back."

"You're the one who ratted her out." I cwarled over to him on my knees and pushed him out my room, getting dressed.

I decided to ignore him sense i wanted him to know i was upset, even though it was hard, this was my first day. Its got to be perfect!

I went downstairs, not looking at him as i walked by him and put some bread in the toaster.

I ate my toast with jam once it was done and them we left for hogwarts.

Sense he didnt like "the way i acted out' at home i didnt get a cat. But i mean I lost my cat and mama bcuz of him, i didnt say sorry though. Ima be moody.

I ran out the car and didnt bother waiting up as i ran inside the station and through the brick wall. Once i was running through the corridors of the train i saw him walk into platform 9 3/4. I ducked down so he couldn't see me through the windows and walked around the train, lookinh for my friends Susan bones and Fred and George wealsey.

A/n- Sorry this chapter took so long, tough tough times. 🤷🏽