-CHAPTER FOUR-

The week passed very quick for three girls on this side of the earth.

Before I knew, Friday came quicker than I anticipated. I mean my work got finally done and I had a great time at a brunch this week with the girls.

The morning after I received Fausto's message, I texted him back. I got to be honest, I stood for an hour looking at my phone screen like some sort of statue. I had no idea what I could write to him.

Anyways, my week was great and now it's time to shine, I guess? Yeah, the wedding is today and I'm practically popping myself. I'm so nervous, why does this date has to be at a wedding?

"Rahi baby, calm down I'm trying to make you look pretty. Stop moving like that. I get it, it's been a long time since you've dated but believe me when I say this..." Viera let a dramatic silence before she continues, "You're going to be fine. I mean my girl looks ravishing so if it does go bad at least you're pretty." As if that's going to comfort me, I scoffed.

After an three hour or so -I actually don't know how long we took to get ready- we were all dolled up and ready to go.

Fausto texted me the address to the church, he couldn't pick me up because he was the best man. Do they even need a plus one? Luckily it was the same address Viera and Lilith had, we decided to take one car together.

"I'm sorry but damn we look like hundred bucks! Rahi is going to get sum and Lilith is getting her sweet revenge by being her beautiful self and I'm just living all this as your best friend. Live is such a beautiful thing sometimes!" Viera exclaimed while Lilith rolled her eyes but still, she couldn't hold her smile. Yes, I see you Lilith. I mean I couldn't agree more with her minus 'the going to get sum' part though.

"Alright, girls are you ready? I hate coming late to weddings or other events whatsoever." Lilith eagerly said.

Short after that we left my place to my car. We decided that it would be wise if Viera drove. I was too nervous and Lilith... Actually, I don't know. She didn't seem stressed just overthinking I guess, and I get that. It's her ex's wedding we're going to.

The ride took so long, we were in the car for almost one hour. Don't get me wrong, I love roadtrips but sitting in a car with fancy dresses isn't what you can call comfortable. Once we arrived, a lot of people were there already.

Just looking at those people gave me a little panic attack, blame it on social anxiety. It's gotten better to handle it from the years, thanks to the girls and little therapy sessions but still... times like this can make me feel uneasy. I gulped as I kept looking through the car window.

"Sarahi, hey girlie it's going to be fine. We're here if it doesn't, we got you." Lilith held me hand reassuring me. I nodded and tried to gather some confidence. I can do it.

"Alright girls, showtime!" Viera giggled at herself. We left the car but before going in we looked at each other, making sure we looked good. You never know what an hour long of car ride can do to you.

Once we were done, we decided to go in. Once we were in the church I looked around, people here dressed rich. I wasn't underdressed, maybe a little? Whatever, I don't know anybody here but my girl, the ex and my date. I've seen the bride once, when Viera and I wanted to kill Lilith's ex along with the one he cheated with.

Sadly, we couldn't because Lilith didn't want it and she was too heartbroken to care for revenge. That's where we stepped in, you know... You can't just do something like that and expect to live a happily ever after while our girl here was crying rivers.

Now she's over it, she says. Personally, this wedding could be her closure and revenge all in one while looking smoking hot. Her being successful self is a revenge on its own. He knows that. The bride knows that. We all know that.

While thinking about that I keep looking around for Fausto. Right when I looked at the altar, I saw him. Talking to other men, probably the groomsmen? He looked so at ease, how can someone like that be a good friend of a scumbag of an ex. I mentally shock my head. I will never understand men and their friendship.

I keep looking at him. He looks good, too good even. Is he really my date? Am I really going on a date as a plus one at the wedding of my best friend's ex? That's messed up. Wait, what more messed up is my date happens to be the best man.

"Omg Rahi, I've found him!! He's looking at you!" Viera excitedly said. I nodded, I briefly looked at her. She was literally jumping from her seat.

I looked back at him quickly, his stare is intense. Not the bad kind but the good kind that make you shiver slightly, keeping you wondering what's on his mind as he's looking right at me.

I smiled sweetly and waved at him. He smiled charmingly and waved back. "Really? You waved at each other? Can't the boy walk to you and properly say 'hello'?" Lilith scoffed already judging him. I laughed silently for only the girls to hear.

"He's the best man Lili, he doesn't have a choice. The bride could be here at any moment" and just as I said it a song began to play and everyone including us stood up.

The bride looked good. Despite all of it, it is a wedding. I concernedly looked at Lilith, if you didn't know her well enough you could think the girl was letting happy tears from her eyes fall but we knew better. She smiled, the fake one she used when she feels everything but like smiling. It wasn't a lot, just one or two teardrops but it was enough for us to know she was hurting deep inside.

Viera and I took her hand and squeezed, letting her know we were there. "Thank you, girls. I'll be fine." She whispered at us.

After the church they kissed. We left to go to the ceremony after. Before we could go to the car, I heard a male voice calls after me. I turned around, he was there. Running to me. I smiled and told the girls under my breath to go wait in the car. The got the message and left, not before giving me winks.

"Sarahi, hey! First of all, I want to apologize for not picking you up. It isn't in my nature of not doing so especially to a woman so beautiful as you. You really look beautiful." He said a little out of breath, those stairs weren't easy to walk let alone run like he did.

"It's okay but if we happen to have a second date, you can always make it up to me if it makes you feel better?" I teased him and I succeeded to make him laugh. A gorgeous man is what I have as a date.

"Yeah sure, I look up to it already." Still smiling at me he said.

"Sooo, best man huh?" I nudge him. Why did I do that?!

He chuckled, "Mhm, that's me but don't get fooled we were childhood friends until weren't. I only heard from him through a good friend of mine and before I knew it, I was his best man."

I didn't expect that. I couldn't even hide my shocking face. "Oh, so that's how it is. Well alright then, for what it's worth the ceremony was beautiful." Not letting him know I knew the groom as my best friend's ex. It's just a date, at this point it's not worth telling him that.

"It was beautiful indeed." We suddenly fell in an awkward silence. I decided to break the ice, "I'm sorry I don't want to be rude but my ride is waiting for me." Shily I said to him.

"Oh! Of course! We'll meet up there then?" I nodded already making my way to the girls. I turned around once again and to my surprise he kept looking our way. He smiled at me and looked at my friends quickly not before looking back at Lilith confusedly.

I don't know what that was, "Was I imagining it or did it seem like he knew Lilith?" Viera asked what's on my mind, so I nodded.

Lilith thought for a second before she talked, 

"He did look familiar when Lilith showed us his profile. I remember now, he's partner with my boss. They worked together for a project last year or was it two years ago? I don't know exactly but after that they keep meeting with each other. Like friends, I guess."

"Damn, the world is small!" Viera said before we gotin the car.