Final: Part Three

"Day 36524.201, is it me or is the days becoming a lot shorter? The humans left the island soon after they got rid of their rats yesterday and now its only us dodos here. The water has been receding from the shore a while now. I guess it's that time of the century."

Every few decades this accursed island experiences Tsunamis. These tsunami's cause rapid habitat loss and since the dodos can't fly they are basically goners.

"Unfortunately, today is also beach day for dodos so they are even closer to death than usual." Dom said from surprisingly not on top a tree.

"Dom has become fearless," said the author.

Down by the shore, there is a family of dodos enjoying the water.

"Mom, the water is leaving!" said the small dodo. The parents noticed the water receding further and further into the ocean. "Quick son, lets go catch it!" The entire family ran into the ocean until they weren't visible in sight anymore.

Dom slowly climb up into a tree.
"Dom is no longer fearl-"

"Yes I know I'm a coward!"

A huge earthquake rocked the island, an earthquake as strong as Chile,1960. The island shook while beach day continued. The sea roared and within a few mins the sky grew dark and a huge ocean wall appeared in the sky.
"Maybe I should find a taller tree."

"Day 36524.202, I successfully survived my 6th tsunami. However, this time around it seems that I'm the only dodo that survived."