Part One

Long ago, on an island somewhere near Madagascar called Mauritius lived the most courageous species ever to exist.. The DODO BIRDS, whose real name was the Rapphus Cucullatus.
Fearless and mighty these birds feared nothing, which was the exact cause of their demise.

This is Dom. Dom is the only bird on the island who knows they're going to become extinct.

"Today marks 36524.2199 days since we've become endemic to this island." He used his claws to engrave the number in the sand.

"If you don't know what endemic means I suggest using doogle or ding."

Unlike the other birds, Dom is omniscient and has modern world knowledge. Nobody knows how he obtained that said knowledge but when asked he just replies,

"The author gave me superpowers."

Dom sits atop a tree, watching the other dodos. How did he get atop the tree when the dodo's wings are vestigial? you may wonder.

Dom does gymnastics that's his secret.
The dodos are gathered and are currently having a meeting. A dodo stands in a circle drawn in the sand faces the rest.

"The stirds are on the island again chief."
One dodo steps up to the circle and salutes.

Dom looks at us, "Hah.. the standing birds or humans as you may call it. They are the first catalyst toward our extinction."

"Again! That's the third time this week! The chief jumped.

Dom looks back at us, "It's actually the third time in five days, the chief had two days removed from the week since he claimed seven was too much."

"Those stirds are so dumb, they always come here hungry. One day we shall steal their big ships and sail to freedom ." The chief maniacally laughs.

Dom looks a-

"You don't have to mention my name every time I speak so stop." Dom looks up to the sky.

"Then how are the readers supposed to know
when you're talking Dom?" the author said.

"Use italics and change my font style."

"Much better, so dodo birds are not dumb as you think. The reason for this misconception is definitely because of that Ice Age movie. I knew we should've sent better dodos to sign
up for that role."

"Muet! Gather the soldiers, we're surely going to get this ship today!" Muet, a dodo with a scar on his right eye and his backstory unknown, is the chief dodo's right hand. He does anything he's told without question.

Muet and the chief took a squad of dodos and charged towards the beach in the direction of the ships.
With a few bullets and slashes the fight was over.

Back on the human's ship where they were gathering and sorting through items scavenged from the island.
A young man came onto the ship running
with a dead Muet in his hand.

"Captain you wouldn't believe it, the food just came running to me, how lucky!" Said the man who singlehandedly took out a squad of dodos.

He excitedly held Muet in the air and exclaimed, "We're eating meat tonight!"

Later that evening...

"This doesn't taste like chicken at all," said one crew member as they all sat disappointed around the fireplace.

Back in the forest we meet Dom as he is now in a nest on the ground preparing to sleep.

"One thing I forgot to mention, dodo birds may look like three feet chicken to some of you hungry folks out there but sadly we taste far different. We're more similar to pigeons."