The Admiral: Part 2 [Kendall]

21 BBY, Space

Kendall switched off the holotable, and the holoimage of Chan disappeared. She glanced at Kal. "We should probably go grab some lunch now. I'm starving."

Kal nodded. "Yes, General. I hope they have something good this time."

"Oh, it's probably just instant meals and some packaged fruits," Kendall said dismissively. Just as she did, the blast door slid open to reveal a messy, very upset Rampart. "And what seems to be the problem, Admiral?"

Rampart let out a frustrated breath. "I am disappointed, General. Apparently your padawan has no discipline in her."

Kendall raised an amused brow. "How so?"

"She threw a sandwich at me in the mess hall." Indeed, there was a slimy slice of cheese plastered to his shoulder.

"Oh... dear," She managed, resisting the urge to chuckle. "That... is something."

"I say you should do something about her," Rampart opined.

"Unfortunately, disciplining her will do little at this point if she dislikes you so," Kendall replied as if she were genuinely disappointed. "You'll have to put up with her until your time here is done. But for now, why don't you head to the laundromat? It's straight down the hall and then you take a right; next to the clone barracks."

Rampart muttered something under his breath before nodding his understanding. "Of course, ma'am."

He left, and Kendall got a glimpse of the contents of the sandwich down his back... minus a slice of bread. As the door slid shut behind him, she couldn't help but smile. "Oh, Leda..."

<---End--->