Chapter 31: An Alley Fight

Start from the beginning

Hisashi was already on his knees, still refusing to throw a single punch, "I promised... Coach Anzai... never to fight. I promised!"

Rei was now terrified and angry, she let herself out and called for him, "Mitsui-san!" She ran to him while spreading her arms, trying to defend him from them, "Stop it! You sick bastards!!"

"Genji-san! Get away from here!" Hisashi exclaimed. Ryu's eyebrows started to furrow and his lips turned into a smirk, recognizing her. "Hoh? You finally got yourself a girlfriend, huh? Didn't know it takes a beating for you to bend on the likes of Mitsui." He said it slyly, which made Rei shiver her skin in disgust.

His arm reached in for her, but she used her duffle bag to swing and block it, causing him to falter a few steps, "Keep your hands OFF ME!"

"Genji!" Hisashi called and then was kicked by Ryu who told him to shut up. "Shit, I didn't know this bitch is a tough one!" He eyed down at Hisashi who was fueled by much anger, "What's the matter? This bitch has more balls than you do."

Ryu snapped his fingers, and two men caught her wrists and gripped them to prevent her from doing anything. She tried to wiggle and fight her way out but couldn't do anything when her hands were held behind her. "Don't touch her!!" Hisashi screamed, curling his hands into a fist to ready a fight. They'd crossed many lines, and laying their hands on Rei was just too much. But he stopped in his tracks when Rei begged.

"Don't do anything, Mitsui! Just run away!" Rei was hurt, sad, and angry at the sight of Mitsui's current beaten state, "You have to get away!"

"Is basketball precious to you?" Ryu asked, his smile still not falling from his face, "Then kneel for me and beg. Say "please", you'll do anything for basketball right? We won't lay a hand on her too, I promise." 

Hisashi wanted to fight, but he had already made a promise. He can't throw a few punches even if it was to defend Rei, no matter how badly he wanted to. Seeing this as the only way to meet everyone's goal, he planted his palms on the ground, kneeling for forgiveness.

"P... Please, forgive me." He uttered the words and Rei was baffled and her heart sank. Hisashi had proven he had kept his promise, this was already obvious of how much he actually loved basketball, and it made Rei almost teary. 

But alas, Ryu had other plans and nodded to his crew. Rei noticed this when two of the minions went towards Hisashi and stomped their feet onto his hands, before gripping him on his shoulders to prevent him from moving.

Hisashi and Rei were alerted when Ryu took a pipe tube from the one who was wearing a helmet. Hisashi knew where they were going, and so he pleaded, "Stop! Let go! Stop!"

Ryu positioned his grip on the tube, "I'll smash your hands so you can never play basketball again!"

"Mitsui!" Rei used the rest of her might to free herself, but the man was too strong to release his grip, she tore in her eyes and begged for them to stop, "Don't hurt him!! You bastards! Don't do it!!"

Ryu was taking his time on which hand he was going to impale first, until he had decided, "I'm taking the right hand first!"