Potter Manor, Mystic falls.

Start from the beginning

"Are you done staring, sweetheart?" My head snapped up and frowned in embarrassment when I noticed the smirk on his face.

"For now" I responded with a casual shrug before walking further down the alley, towards the opening that led onto a street. George jogged up from behind, wanting to walk beside me.

I looked around with a smile on my face, the town had such a welcoming and friendly atmosphere to it but there was something familiar in the air, something I had felt in New Orleans. I stopped abruptly as I tried to focus on the feeling, not noticing that George too was looking around, trying to identify where the magic in the air was coming from.

"You can feel it too?" He asked as he looked down at me with a frown.

"Yeah, it's the same magic as the witches back in New Orleans" I responded with a sigh, I had hoped that there weren't any supernatural or magic people around but from what we could tell, this town had both. My head snapped down to my hand, which George had slipped his into and gave it a small squeeze, making me look up at him with a small, knowing that the gesture was to reassure me that everything was going to be alright.

It took us ten minutes to locate the manor with a point me spell. It led us to a long road just a few minutes from the main town and we stopped abruptly when our eyes landed on our new home.

We gawked at the manor in front of us, our eyes wide in awe at my family home

We gawked at the manor in front of us, our eyes wide in awe at my family home. The potters were one of the oldest pureblood families in Britain, with hundreds of properties around the world and even though I have yet to visit them, I know that this would be my favourite by far. The old but historic exterior made me wonder about all the generations of Potters that had lived here before me, I thought of all the memories, good and bad that these walls had experienced, and all I could think about was what my future would be like, now that Lady Potter has returned home. The never-ending gardens that sat at the entrance, surrounding the large path were beautiful and despite being forced to tend to Petunia's garden as a child, I did indeed enjoy it and am quite excited to continue with it.

"Holy shit, you live here?" George breathed with widened eyes, making me look up at him with a smile. I squeezed his hand in mine, gaining his attention.

"We"

"What?" He frowned in confusion, making me chuckle with a shake of my head.

"We live here" His face softened immediately and pulled me against his chest, making me squeal as he picked me up, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"This is our home?" His eyes shone with unshed tears, he glanced around with hesitancy, as if any minute, he would wake up and none of this would be real. I cupped his face in my eyes, drawing his attention back to me.

"Our home, my love," I said slowly. He stared into my eyes for a few minutes before crashing his lips against mine, it was slow and passionate which caused butterflies to flutter rapidly in my stomach. He carefully placed my feet back on the ground and broke the kiss, laying his forehead against mine.