Looking back at myself,  bags under my eyes, my hair fallen out of my braid. When you look into the mirror and sometimes see a mess of a human being. But you don't see the lives you have touched or the people you have saved. You don't see all the love you've given freely or the extraordinary memories you have made. You are a book of beautiful moments and feelings.

I jump into the shower and clean myself up. When I get out and dressed, I hear Buyuu and Ryota already moving around. Must be morning already..I look at myself  once more and put a little make up under my eyes and let my curly hair fall over my shoulders. I take a deep breath standing up straight and open the door.

"Alright. Do either of you need to stock up on anything?" I ask walking into the kitchen finding them standing there cooking breakfast with supplies on the table. It actually smells good.

"We've told you before Mayumi, we've got your back." Buyuu says flipping over a pancake.

"Now hurry and eat, we don't want to be late." Ryota says shoving a plate in my hands and starts to fill up everyone's weapon pouch. "We couldn't find many chakra pills we all get one each so we got a bunch of fruit. I hope that helps." I nod with appreciation and sit at the table picking at my food. I think I need to eat, but I really don't want too.

Once we are all done we quickly leave and meet in front of tall gates surrounding a forest.

"Mayumi! What are you doing here?!" Kiba says running up towards me.

"Taking the second part of the exam. Why else would I be here?" I say insulted. Seriously? Dumb question.

"Are you sure you're okay to take it?" He says looking at me. My long curly blonde hair fully down, instead of one sword I have both swords. You never know when you may need both.

"I am fine. Kiba. Worry about your own team." I say crossing my arms and walking up in front of the crowd waiting.

"Listen up you Maggots! This is the location for the second exam." Anko starts off. "The 44th Training Field. Also known as the forest of Death."

"There's something creepy about this forest." Sakura remarks.

"This place is called the Forest of Death, you'll soon realize why." Anko says.

Naruto starts to mock her wiggling around. "That kind of threat won't work on me." He says. "I'm not scared!"

"Really? You've got a lot of energy." Anko says quickly pulling out a kunai and throwing it at Naruto cutting his cheek then appears behind him. "A kid like you dies at the very beginning, dappled with the red blood I like." She says pulling out another kunai and swinging behind her.

"I'm returning your...Kunai knife." The sound ninja states.

"Thank you for taking the trouble . But don't stand behind me thirsty for blood. If you don't want a quick death."

"My apologies it's my nature to act up at the sight of red blood." The sound ninja replies walking back into place.

"Evidently we've got a lot of hot-blooded kids this time." Anko says giggling. "This will be fun. Well, before we start the second exam, I have to pass this out to you!" She states holding up a piece of paper. "It's a consent form. before you can take part in the test you have to sign this."

"Why?" Naruto asks.

"From here on out, corpses are going to come out, I have to get your consent to that! Or it'll be my responsibility."She laughs.

I shuffle my feet some looking down. I feel a hand on my shoulder looking over to my team mates. "We've got this." Ryota says smiling.

"Well, I'm going to start the explanation for the second exam. In a word the limits of your survival will be challenged." She says passing out the consent forms. "First, I'll give you step-by-step instructions on the terrain of this training field. Training Field Number 44 is surrounded by 44 locked entrance gates. There are rivers and a forest and a tower in the middle. It's about 10 kilometers from the gates to the tower... In this confined area you will go through a certain survival program. The contents of which are... anything goes scroll battle!"

I look at her confused. "Scrolls?"

"I want you to fight for two scrolls, the Heaven Scroll and the Earth Scroll. All together 26 team got through the first test. Half of them.. 13 teams get the Heaven scroll the other half gets the Earth scroll. I'll hand over one scroll to each team. to put it simply, That's what you're looking for."

"And the conditions to pass?" I ask. There's gotta be more to this.

"Three of you bring both scrolls to the tower in the center. For this exam the time limit is 120 hours. Do it in exactly 5 days!"

"5 days?!" Ino exclaims

"What do we do about food?!" Chouji asks.

"Be self-sufficient! It's a treasure trove in the wilderness. There's more than enough for food.."

"Uhm, so can you quit in the middle of it?" Shikamaru asks.

"No! you cannot. I want you to spend five days in the forest. Moving on, conditions of disqualification. Number 1, if all three members of the team can't make it to the tower with both scrolls within the time limit. Number 2, If a team loses a member or if a member became incapacitated. Number 3. Absolutely do not look at the contents of the scrolls until you have reached the tower!"

"What happens if we look at it half way through?" Naruto asks.

"When you look at it you'll find out!." She says smiling.

"There are times when a Chunin must deal with super secret messages. This is to test you reliability. That is all! I'll exchange your three consent forms for the scrolls in that hut over there. After that, pick your entrance and all the gates will open simultaneously!" She takes a deep breath. "Finally just a word of advice... Don't die!"

"Easy." I mutter walking over to the table with my team getting our scroll.

"Are you ready?" Buyuu asks from behind me, I nod in response. 

"Now or never right?" I state.

"Now or never." 

I hear footsteps behind me as I turn around and see The Sand Siblings standing there.

"We are terribly sorry for your loss Mayumi." Temari says softly.

"Thanks." I says  coldly turning back around facing my team.

"Well. Good luck Mayumi." Kankuro says nervously shuffling his feet.

I turn back around and look at him and give him a salute. "I don't need luck." I say smiling. I can tell my teammates feel uneasy as they look between the two of us. An obvious hurt expression on Kankuro's face. I continue to walk to our chosen gate. I look over to Kiba who gives me a worried look.

I look back at gate 18 then it opens, we quickly rush inside.

Kankuro's POV.

"She's cocky isn't she?" Temari remarks.

"Yeah, but it's pretty cute. I just hope she doesn't get hurt."

"Awhh, does my little brother have a crush?" Temari exclaims.

"Hush it woman! Not so loud!" Kankuro scolds as they stand in front of their gate. "I have a bad feeling for that team."

"Yeah, let's hope we don't run into them with Gaara in there." Temari whispers to him.

🍃🦋🍃

How are we feeling with the story so far? Feed back is always welcome!