Chapter 3: I'll Always Love You

Start from the beginning

Tadashi: Koneko?

Tadashi: Koneko?

Koneko looked up to see Tadashi with a concerned look on his face. She looked down again. Tadashi walked closer to her.

Tadashi: Hey, what's wrong? What's got your ears and tail out?

Koneko's ears lowered, she didn't give a response. Tadashi only raised his head up, not in a way he was disappointed, but more so of that he could understand his wife's feelings.

Tadashi: It's the senjutsu, isn't it?

Koneko raised her head up again, but more of being somewhat surprised. She still didn't say a word, but Tadashi backed away to close the door and shut off the lights in the room. Once completely in private, the two sat in the bed together.

Koneko: I...I want to try and use it again...but the change...I don't want...to become like...her.

Tadashi looked saddened for Koneko. He pulled her close to him, burying his face in her snow white hair.

Tadashi: That doesn't matter to me. Even if you finally break free of this bind, you'll never be like her.

Koneko: But...

Tadashi: No buts love.

Tadashi moving Koneko's face to make her look at him by using on finger to hook her chin.

Tadashi: Just look at me okay?

Koneko said nothing but gave a small nod.

Tadashi: The world is cruel, but through that nasty darker side, it's still beautiful. And through everything this world has, I still love you out of all of it. Even if I come to sacrifice, I'll do it to protect everyone, but most importantly, you. Even if this marriage we're is in its low points, I have no regrets. Because in the end, I'll still be the one who will hold you in my arms.

Koneko: Tadashi...

Tadashi; Might've been a little too much. But what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter to me if you finally use your power again. Because in the end, you're still the most beautiful girl I married in the end.

Tadashi soon locked his hand with Koneko's.

Tadashi: Whether you are Koneko, or Shirone. You'll always be my wife.

Koneko had no words to say, but her breathing began to grow heavy and heavier. She grabbed her chest as her face turned red. Tadashi looked a bit confused.

Tadashi: Koneko?

Koneko: T-Tadashi...

Koneko looked up to her husband. Her gold pupils had grown larger than they were.

Koneko: I want you...to kiss me.

Tadashi: Alright.

Tadashi leaned in towards her, ignoring the idea of questioning and rather understanding his wife's wishes.