Chapter 8: Different ways

Depuis le début

I luckily arrived at the correct place, unlike Harry had that one time and was greeted by the kind face of Professor Dumbledore, who was sitting at his desk.

"Hello, Miss Potter," he greeted me softly. I smiled slightly, but I felt a bit uncomfor- table.

"Hi Professor," I muttered. "Is there any news about the boys yet?"

Dumbledore kept smiling, which annoyed me a lot. The question was a really serious one!

"No, but I am sure they'll be alright."

Great help. Thanks a lot.

Really, I appreciated that he let me come here even with my condition, more than you might think, but this I wasn't OK with. This was about my brother's life!

"Where should I go now?" I wanted to get away from him quickly. Maybe to Minnie?

"Maybe you should go to Madam Pomfrey first, now that there are no students yet."

"But I'm totally fine..."

"I meant so she can inform you of the arrangements we've made."

Aha. That was actually not even a bad idea. "Yes, that would be great. Where do I go?"

Dumbledore handed me a map of the castle and pointed to the hospital wing, where she'd be.

"Thank you," and with that, I left, in search of Madam Pomfrey.

*~*

Ginny's POV:

I was on the train and so were my brothers, for as far as I knew, but where was Lucy? And Harry? And... wait I hadn't seen Ron either!

I sat in a compartment with Luna Lovegood, one of my childhood best friends. She was just looking outside for now and there was a comfortable silence.

Or well, she made it comfortable. I often failed to be calm because I was worried and couldn't sit still.

"Luna, have you maybe seen another ginger girl walking around here? Our age I mean?"

Luna looked up at me. "No, I don't think I have, sorry." She turned back to the window again.

At last, I couldn't hold myself anymore. "I'm just going to go ask around if anyone saw Lucy!"

Luna looked at me again, but with a little more worry. "I can help you look if you want to. Is it Lucy Potter?"

I turned to her in surprise. How would she know? "Yeah..."

"I saw you two walking around, when Dad- dy and I were looking for Nargles."

I frowned in confusion, but let it slide, as I had other things to think about now. "I'd love it if you could help, Luna."

And so, Luna and I started looking around for Lucy, but without mentioning her name to people. I bet she'd hate it if we did.

I opened a compartment door with two girls: one with blond curly hair in two braids and the other had dark skin, smooth, black hair and was very pretty.

"Hi, have you seen a girl with red hair, my age, messy hair and green eyes?"

The girls looked at each other. "No, sorry we haven't."